Crash during banter

Caillean

Hi everyone,

I just discovered a problem with a Nikosh-Hildury banter, the one starting with:

"More pie, Hildury?"

The game crashes here:

== P#HILDB ~(Large tears well in her eyes and she wipes them away with her fist.) Ye-e-s.~
== P#SALOB IF ~InParty("Salomeya")~ THEN ~Wonderful, I was always dying to know what ogres have for pets.~

Perhaps it's due to Salomeya, Diriel and Nord aren't in my party? This is the first time such a thing happened, however. It's fine if I skip this talk by "SetGlobal("P#NIHI3","GLOBAL",2)" in the console.

Best wishes,

Caillean

Thank you, Domi!

I just remembered something from the Prologue... I hope I'm not becoming too stressful. When I was talking to Deidre Gallaway about the arrows for the palisade, there was a "No valid links or replies". Charname is quite kindhearted, so she offered to pay for the arrows herself :-D Then this error occurred. I don't know, perhaps it has nothing to do with the mod...

It does. :) Whom do you have in the party? I think it might be one of the Salomeya's or Peony's romantic specific thinggies I added. I'll need to take a long and attentive look because it has a grim potential to cause NVLRs further on, because I used the same code throughout.

Oh, if you don't mind, it's a bit easier to me to work with the bug reports when they are all in the same thread - there is Beta 2 bug reports thread here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=11182

Yep, that's what I am thinking, the NVLR shows up because you are uneligible to romance Salomeya, as iirc I do have a small interjection there if a male player is nice to Deidre. That's why it's as important to check for the absence as for the presence. I'll check it tomorrow. Today is my NWN2 day (ie I am swearing at NWN2, not IWD2, lol!).

Found the problem. Fortunately, it's not Salomeya/Peony, but poor Nikosh. Luckily, it seems to be the only miscode of this kind on the file :) I do so hope that the original mess with Nikosh and Prachi's interjections is nearly resolved.

Archived