Dynaheir Question

PooBraiNPlay

Haven't gotten any LTs for 2 hours and when romance music plays the game opens the player initiated dialog screen

Variables are:

X#CHECKDYNAHMATCH 1

X#DYLOVELYTALKTIME 349444

X#DYLOVETALK 7

X#DYLOVETALKTIME 363509

X#DYNAHEIRROMANCEACTIVE 1

X#DYNAHMATCH 1

X#DYREACTIONTIME 188067

X#DYREACTIONTIMERSET 1

Please help!

OK, checking: that is trying to open Dy's LT that fires on 7;

You must be on Beta3.

On Beta4, we have

IF %BGT_VAR%
RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#DYLoveTalkTime","GLOBAL")
OR(20)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",2)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",4)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",6)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",8)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",10)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",12)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",14)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",16)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",18)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",20)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",22)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",24)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",16)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",18)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",20)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",22)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",24)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",26)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",28)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",32)
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("dyrom1")
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

and closes to 7. 7 does not advance to the next variable until you are in an inn, go to rest, and meet all the conditions - (my favorite lovetalk, the dance...) fired from DreamScript

IF %BGT_VAR%
RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#DYLoveTalkTime","GLOBAL")
RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#DreamTalk","GLOBAL")
ReputationGT(Player1,11)
!Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("X#DynaheirBhaalLoop","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",7)
OR(20)
AreaCheck("%Beregost_FeldepostsInn_L1%")
AreaCheck("%Beregost_JovialJuggler_L1%")
AreaCheck("%Beregost_RedSheaf_L1%")
AreaCheck("%Beregost_BurningWizard_L1%")
AreaCheck("%Nashkel_Inn%")
AreaCheck("%EBaldursGate_KeexieTavern_L1%")
AreaCheck("%EBaldursGate_ElfsongTavern_L1%")
AreaCheck("%EBaldursGate_Inn_L1%")
AreaCheck("%SEBaldursGate_Inn_L1%")
AreaCheck("%SEBaldursGate_Blade&Stars_L1%")
AreaCheck("%BaldursGateDocks_JopalinsTavern%")
AreaCheck("%SWBaldursGate_Tavern_L1%")
AreaCheck("%SWBaldursGate_YeOldeInn_L1%")
AreaCheck("%NWBaldursGate_Helm&Cloak_L1%")
AreaCheck("%NWBaldursGate_Tavern_L1%")
AreaCheck("%NBaldursGate_ThreeOldKegs_L1%")
AreaCheck("%NEBaldursGate_BlushingMermaid_L1%")
AreaCheck("%NEBaldursGate_SplurgingSturgeon_L2%")
AreaCheck("%FriendlyArmInn_L1%")
AreaCheck("%NEBaldursGate_SplurgingSturgeon_L1%")
InParty(Myself) 
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
RealSetGlobalTimer("X#DreamTalk","GLOBAL",180)
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("dyrom1")
IncrementGlobal("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

All looks good here. Comparing with Beta3 code, be right back...

ok, older code, but same basic setup. Either something else Romance related is firing instead, or something got stuck. To clear it, you could try some stuff:

1. work from that save, but CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",8) and see if that clears the PID call. If it does, then we know that it was a case of a DreamTalk trying to fire but getting stalled somehow - Beta4 has tighter code to account for this.

2. work from that save, and check using but CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",5). Perhaps something caused the dialogue to fail on Lovetalk 6.

IF WEIGHT #-2

~Global("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",6)~THEN BEGIN X#DYLoveTalk3

SAY @113

where Dynaheir says

@113 = ~Yestereve we talked of war and power, and since then I wonder, <CHARNAME>, if thou art trying to stop this coming war?~

3. If neither clear the PID block, please send me the savegame in .rar or .zip format (svoelws at comcast dot net) and I can try to look for something else.

Hi, I have a question. What is supposed to happen after Dyna's quest in Baldur's Gate? The "messenger" is just sorta standing there lamely with nothing happening.

Could you post some more details, please? Are you talking about the Edwin-in-party easter egg, or something else?

I was trying not to spoil, but it is the mage that shows up to take her away. He summons a load of mephits and then stands there. I keep trying to question him, but he has nothing else to say.

Ahh, sorry - he shows up anywhere (I probably need to make sure he doesn't show up in some areas.)

He should talk to you immediately. What happens if you talk to him?

(I assume you are using a version older than v12 Beta3, as we rebuilt and retested this one from scratch).

spoilers...

Winski should be unkillable, and should initiate a converstion right away. At the end, he should either teleport out without Dy and/or Minsc, throwing some mephits at the party, or take Dy and/or Minsc with him and leave behind some mephits to attack the party.

If he does not initiate conversation, try talking to him and seeing iof the encounter proceeds. If it doesn't please send me the savehgame, and I will try to get a way around it.

I can confirm in the version we will release in 9 days or so, this encounter is solid. (I know that doesn't help you, it is just a reminder to myself when cscanning for bug reports at the last minute that I have tightened this up :) ).

Ahh, sorry - he shows up anywhere (I probably need to make sure he doesn't show up in some areas.)

He should talk to you immediately. What happens if you talk to him?

(I assume you are using a version older than v12 Beta3, as we rebuilt and retested this one from scratch).

No, I am using the latest Beta. I only downloaded it 5 days ago. Beta 3, Music v4.

spoilers....

Winski should be unkillable, and should initiate a converstion right away.

He does

At the end, he should either teleport out without Dy and/or Minsc, throwing some mephits at the party, or take Dy and/or Minsc with him and leave behind some mephits to attack the party.

No, this does not happen. He stands there and does nothing after I kill all the mephits.

Ah. OK, Beta3, and I will go look at that code. Be back within a few hours, I think... I am pretty sure we can get you past this one.

Well, it has been about a month and I just ran into the same problem with Winski again. I just beat the mephits and he is still standing there. I have a screen shot if you need it. Cheers!

OK, I looked at tthe code, and can't find the back references, but I can certainly get Winski to go away -

1. confirm that

Global("X#DYQUImpAttack","GLOBAL",1)

if it isn't, set it: SetGlobal("X#DYQUImpAttack","GLOBAL",1)

(This is probably set, as it sets before creating the mephits. So what is happening in the lder code is something is interrupting X#Winski before he can DRYAD_TELEPORT.)

Open up your game in NearInfinity.

Find the .bcs "X#DYQWIN.bcs", and open it up.

Add the following:

IF

Global("X#DYQUImpAttack","GLOBAL",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ReallyForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT)

EscapeArea()

END[/code]

Press COMPILE to add the block to the script, and you should be fine. Try it once from your savegame; if it doesn't work, try a save just before Wiski spawns onto the party.

The EscapeArea() is redundant, but hey - just to make sure.

And I can confirm - this is definitely fixed. If someone comes across this in v14, please advise me ASAP - it should not be possible the way we recoded this entire sequence :)

I think it is a moot point now because I may have just found a really big discrepancy in the whole Dynaheir-Winski issue.

I have reached the maze right after the whole Sarevok is the new Duke announcement in the palace. So, I come across Winski in the maze and he and Dyna are having a conversation where he is accusing her of coming to kill him and she is going on about how she does not know him, has never met him, blah, blah, blah.

Oh, and the best part. Winski hates Rasheman and has been tutoring Sarevok. AND he just called a demon to kick my butt.

nope - all part of the plan - Winski never reveals exactly who or what he is, in the romance he tries to steal her and minsc but disappears leaving his minions to do the job (because he is the guy you find in the maze and we can't kill him early for that reason) and if you survive the final in-maze combat, the tanar'ri encounter, you are all finished with W-D content :)

nope - all part of the plan - Winski never reveals exactly who or what he is, in the romance he tries to steal her and minsc but disappears leaving his minions to do the job (because he is the guy you find in the maze and we can't kill him early for that reason) and if you survive the final in-maze combat, the tanar'ri encounter, you are all finished with W-D content :)

Well, I guess it just makes no sense to me. If Winski was sent to take her and then tells her that he hates Rashemen and she says she does not know who he is. I dunno. Just kinda off to me, but that is just me.

Okay, here is another one. The end cut scene does not go away. (I am assuming this is Dynaheir considering the content) My party has been standing there for 10 minutes. Suggestions?

You have completed all of the content - for the entire game! Dy's romance end cutscene actually takes place after the point where EasyTutu/Tutu is completely over. At that point, you can svae 9thus getting all your XP from the final battle) and move the savegame over to your SoA/ToB install, load up a new game, and import your character intact into the BG2 content.

If you are still standing around, Tutu is completed (you have to be playing Tutu, or the cutscene wouldn't play at all) - there should have been a DisplayStringHead that says

"You have been abducted! Your story continues in Baldur's Gate II, Shadows of Amn. Import your character from your final save into BG2."

We should probably borrow the code form Xan et al and put a big "end of game" screen that displays, blocking out the whole screen, to make it really obvious.

Archived