Possible Branwen Problem

Guest Mimic

I ran into an interesting situation with Branwen and was not sure if this was supposed to happen. I am running Easy TuTu and Beta 3 in case that helps.

Branwen is apparently flirting with Minsc. Kind of weird in a creepy, child molesting sort of way, so I was wondering if this is a game thing or a pack thing or a bug thing.

Also, I did not install the Branwen romance, but she is flirting with the PC now. Is this a bug? Or does she flirt with the PC even if the romance is not installed. It is rather annoying.

Other than that, enjoying the mod! Thanks!

Oops. Forgot. Sorry.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for v12

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Romance Timers -> Coran's Romance Speed (standard: 1 hour)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // Romance Timers -> Dynaheir's Romance Speed (standard: 1 hour)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Romance Timers -> Xan's Romance Speed (standard: 1 hour)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // Romance Timers -> Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed (standard: 1 hour)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #40 // Romance Timers -> Ajantis' Romance Speed (standard: 1 hour)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #45 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #54 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #56 // Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds & patch BG1NPC creatures

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues

Okay, everything looks good.

I did Branwen Romance - mostly, but since you don't have Branwen Romance component installed, I wonder how she could flirt with the PC - PC-Branwen dialogues outside of the romance are very limited. And if you don't have her romance installed, you shouldn't be getting any flirts.

Please, post a line or two - preferably _exactly_ what Branwen says.

Branwen-Minsc flirting is indeed banter(BG1 NPC Project) material - another author did this before we even started on the romance, so it remains; it's not a bug.

Okay, everything looks good.

I did Branwen Romance - mostly, but since you don't have Branwen Romance component installed, I wonder how she could flirt with the PC - PC-Branwen dialogues outside of the romance are very limited. And if you don't have her romance installed, you shouldn't be getting any flirts.

Please, post a line or two - preferably _exactly_ what Branwen says.

Well, I was gonna post a screen shot, but that is not an option. So, some of the PC to Branwen flirts are:

I like your temper Branwen

Branwen you sound strange

Branwen are you okay

You change your mind since you may find out something about Branwen that you do not want to know

Her responses are just like her comments in the unmodded game. "Thank you for your kind words", "By the ice breath etc"

Branwen-Minsc flirting is indeed banter(BG1 NPC Project) material - another author did this before we even started on the romance, so it remains; it's not a bug.

Oh my that is so creepy. *sigh* It is one of the reasons I refuse to play the romance. I find such actions cheap and sleezy.

I see. These are not flirts, but player-initiated dialogue - it is available for all joinable characters. It was, again, done by me, and I indeed went "more of the same" route here. When the character is romanced, it is usually replaced by a longer list of player-initiated flirts.

The romance, as I said, was written by a different pair of authors.

I see. These are not flirts, but player-initiated dialogue - it is available for all joinable characters. It was, again, done by me, and I indeed went "more of the same" route here. When the character is romanced, it is usually replaced by a longer list of player-initiated flirts.

I see. Is there a way to get rid of it? I feel like I am spending all my time talking to the NPC's. Everytime I turn around I get something from everyone in the group. Sorry to be a pain, I just want a little less chatter.

The romance, as I said, was written by a different pair of authors.

:)

Under no circumstances should Branwen be initiating a dialogue that ends in a player-initiated dialogue selection. If this is happening in your game, something is going wrong.

Under what circumstances does Branwen approach the PC and start talking?

There are not any particular circumstances. Just while we are wandering. Funny thing now that I think about it. Dynaheir has not initiated any flirts at all. Wonder if there is a connection.

So, to sum it up: you're getting player-initiated dialogue repeatedly without clicking on Branwen, right?

Please, help us locate it. If you kill her, does it stop? Can you remember when it started? And who is in your party?

So, to sum it up: you're getting player-initiated dialogue repeatedly without clicking on Branwen, right?

Well, not repeatedly. More like she is initiating it as if she is flirting.

If you kill her, does it stop?

Uh, yeah, cause then she is pretty much dead and not flirting. (just kidding) No, same problem.

Can you remember when it started?

No. Sorry.

And who is in your party?

Minsc, Imoen, Dyna, Branwen, Xan

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I had to spawn Drizzt to complete the Dyna quest earlier...

Uh, yeah, cause then she is pretty much dead and not flirting. (just kidding) No, same problem.

Same problem - you're getting this from other characters, too?

Are you getting any banters at all?

Try uninstalling Player-Initiated dialogues; see if it helps.

Same problem - you're getting this from other characters, too?

No, I meant same problem with Branwen.

Are you getting any banters at all?

Yes

Try uninstalling Player-Initiated dialogues; see if it helps.

Looks like that did the trick. Thanks!

Archived