It must be her Tiefling nature

Thorfin

First, I really enjoy the Amber mod, and am really looking forward to her ToB content. That being said, there is one thing about her that is sometimes a minor annoyance. It is probably her impetuous disposition, but she has a tendency to charge ahead even when I want her to stay put. I find myself scolding her out of concern, mixed with exasperation. Actually, it makes her all the more loveable.

I just felt like throwing this out.

Alternately you can toggle the Party (combat) AI on and off from the appropriate button. It's the second button from the right on the bottom right corner of the game screen. Unlike many players, I almost never keep the party AI on myself and that's why I'm even more thankful to Yovaneth for wring a competent combat AI for Amber. It would have been very difficult for either of us to come up with so little experience of combat AIs.

Alternately you can toggle the Party (combat) AI on and off from the appropriate button. It's the second button from the right on the bottom right corner of the game screen. Unlike many players, I almost never keep the party AI on myself and that's why I'm even more thankful to Yovaneth for wring a competent combat AI for Amber. It would have been very difficult for either of us to come up with so little experience of combat AIs.

Or you could always just simply change which AI script she obeys, so that way she won't have to be default (none) or having the whole party sit there like lambs to the slaughter. :)

Just experiment a little, I'd recommend the other default one without none next to it (usually at the bottom of the scripts list) if you want direct control over her, which means she'll only respond to an attacker yes, but your commands will always take precedence rather than be obeyed for a few seconds before AI does its own thing as usual. ;):)

Don't worry, Amber's usual AI script is specifically listed at about the middle of the list, just enter customize on your record screen (one with the Bio and everything) and go for scripts, only the PC is available to all the other customisations. :)

Edit: So yeah, basically the long winded version of what Kuylok said.

Archived