Testing Xan Friendship for (plain) BG1

Kulyok

I'm fairly confident it works, but I deleted my own BG1 folder, since I have EasyTutu, and I am pressed for space on my machine. If you have BG1(yes, I like saying BG1, not BG, whenever possible), would you like to test it for me?

It shouldn't take much time - just install the mod, then enter the last level of the mines, take Xan into your party, and you should be getting his dialogues every two days.

So another BG1 only mod pops up...

Looks like mod testing overload heading my way.

I have vanilla BG1 (I agree with you on BG1 over BG), both with and without TotSC.

With jastey's mod coming up, and Cam working on a BG1 tweak pack, I'll take a shot at yours as well.

You wouldn't, by chance, have a good game crack for BG1 v1.1.4315 (BG1 without TotSC) would you?

Thank you. I will PM you in the evening - jastey pointed out that OR() doesn't work in plain BG, so I should correct this, first.

Take your time. Fix it now and it'll be less work later.

I usually use Google if I need to find something - I've heard it can be of some help. :)

Sound good, but it didn't work. Though Megagames has several listed, and five were possibles, three don't work and two aren't there... I've e-mailed them on the matter. I guess it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens now...

You know, I was fairly confident I smashed the bugs of my BG1 mod, and now Annalena is finding one after the other. (One more reason to test your mod one time more than you think it's necessary.)

Glad I could be of help, btw.

grogerson, one question: If you load a save from chapter smaller 2, and cheat in Xan, and try to travel between areas, do you get a CTD, too? I have that on both my installs, one German BG1+TotSC, one English BG1. I am confused.

Ah - you're welcome, but jastey(who's done some great research on both her installs) discovered one more bug. So... maybe you'll wait until tonight, er, again?

("Fairly confident", "fairly confident"... heheh. :) )

Just barely reached the Crossroads. Certainly I can uninstall the old and reinstall the new when it's ready... Bug-hunting is the purpose of this limited release, isn't it?

You know, I was fairly confident I smashed the bugs of my BG1 mod, and now Annalena is finding one after the other. (One more reason to test your mod one time more than you think it's necessary.)

Glad I could be of help, btw.

grogerson, one question: If you load a save from chapter smaller 2, and cheat in Xan, and try to travel between areas, do you get a CTD, too? I have that on both my installs, one German BG1+TotSC, one English BG1. I am confused.

Since I'm still in chapter 1, I'll give it a try. Though I won't be surprised if it does. You aren't supposed to have him before the bottom of the Nashkell mines...

Just barely reached the Crossroads. Certainly I can uninstall the old and reinstall the new when it's ready... Bug-hunting is the purpose of this limited release, isn't it?

Oh. Wait. So Xan's friendship installed for you? Because jastey reported that, since I still had an OR() directive in one of Xan's talks, the mod wouldn't even compile on her install - did it really compile on yours?

(You might want to check your Weidu.log - if it doesn't have a line with Xan's friendship path for BG1, the mod never installed correctly).

Oh. Wait. So Xan's friendship installed for you? Because jastey reported that, since I still had an OR() directive in one of Xan's talks, the mod wouldn't even compile on her install - did it really compile on yours?

(You might want to check your Weidu.log - if it doesn't have a line with Xan's friendship path for BG1, the mod never installed correctly).

I saw some warnings when I installed, but the WeiDU log says it installed. Checking the debug file, it appears the warnings refer to checks for Tutu/BGT.

FYI, I'm running in vanilla BG1 (no TotSC) right now, no other mods, with a male paladin, in case it matters.

Well, it said "INSTALLED SUCESSFULLY" for me, too, but it's one of those messages I don't believe, and I don't understand why WeiDU gives them, to be honest.

WeiDU wrote the "OR()" trigger into the reply option, but it doesn't get executed by BG1 engine.

What grogerson will find is that the "Romantic love?" reply option in the relevant dialogue won't show for his human male paladin. At least it didn't for my female human fighter, if I compile the .d with the OR() trigger. (It's good to know that the engine doesn't choke on it while swallowing it, though.)

Yes - it is good to know it's not an install-stopping bug.

I still wonder about the soundset - I mean, I use BG2 things like

SAY SELECT_COMMON6 and SAY SPELL_DISRUPTED which BG1 doesn't use; it has a different soundset structure. But if you say it works, then it works.

Archived