You work at Pandemic Studios?

theacefes

I got to meet one of the 3D artists from Pandemic Studios the other day while I was working. He was a real interesting guy, and had brought in several advanced drawing books to be bound ( I work at a print center). He told me how he got interested in gaming, what programs they used, and all sorts of other stuff. (Mercenaries 2 is apparently a very good game.)

He also encouraged me NOT to go into game development if I plan on continuing to enjoy playing games. Said that he loves games, but working on them has caused him to avoid actually playing them for recreation.

Still, it was a nice informal interview. He was also well aware of the IE modding that's been going on for years. :)

He also encouraged me NOT to go into game development if I plan on continuing to enjoy playing games. Said that he loves games, but working on them has caused him to avoid actually playing them for recreation.

Nosov's "Neznaika na Lune"("Neznaika on the Moon"/"Dunno on the Moon"), anyone?

Nosov's "Neznaika na Lune"("Neznaika on the Moon"/"Dunno on the Moon"), anyone?

I read it, but remember it vaguely. What do you want to say?)

Pandemic is a game developer based in Los Angeles and Orange County that has recently merged/bought out by Bioware.

Pandemic and Bioware were simultaneously bought by the same venture capital firm and merged together. Bioware did not buy Pandemic, nor did the two companies merge of their own volition, strictly speaking, although I'm sure it was a deliberate choice on the part of the management and ownership of both companies to use the new structure.

Yeah, not too surprising. Word count constraints in print publications being what they are, it's easier to just say "the merged BiowarePandemic Studios" and be done with it than it is to say "well, not strictly merged seeing as how they were bought by a venture capital firm and then combined into a new entity, blah blah blah."

It is much harder to write about a subject in 250 words than in 2500.

(and, uh, back on topic: yes, pretty much anybody who works in game production at best severely qualifies their recommendations to others about pursuing the career.)

Archived