Found another problem!

Guest rlewis

Hi again

I was testing to see how much base HP a barbarian would have so i could enter it in for minsc, anyhow to my surprise i found at lvl 7 i now get 500HP with 18 constitution and during the first couple of levels i get an extra 64HP per level! Then it goes back to 3 HP per level like normal.

Could some one please tell me which file controls how much HP a class gets and what tool i need to edit it, also since im here i would also ask; what file controls spell progression for the caster classes. Thanks

From the readme, under Higher HP on Level Up:

Please note that barbarian characters will interact badly with this component due to their hardcoded nature. The Maximum option will not affect them, and the NWN-Style will cause them to roll 5d12 for their hit points.
From the readme, under Higher HP on Level Up:

Please note that barbarian characters will interact badly with this component due to their hardcoded nature. The Maximum option will not affect them, and the NWN-Style will cause them to roll 5d12 for their hit points.

damn i think i did choose nw style, any way to rectify this problem?

I don't know the specific filenames, but at a rough guess, you could remove the max HP component, if you're starting a new game to get base HP, it should present no problem.

I do believe that the same file controls the dice roll for all classes (Barbarians excepted, apparently). You could probably check the filename by looking at the log of which file is altered by the max HP component, or have a scout through the IESDP.

Archived