Kivan dialog malfunction

Guest Eric P.

Guest Eric P.

Hello,

After Kivan joins the party in Waukeen's Promenade, the only thing he ever says is to ask why I bother him with mindless banter. This happens upon entering a new area, and he doesn't say anything at any other time, except when I click on him to give him a game command. I'd like to know what I need to do in order for Kivan to behave properly, interacting with the protagonist using dialog.

Thanks so much!

Eric

It sounds pretty strange. You didn't install some dialogue.tlk over-writing mods after Kivan? (I assume that not, but just in case). Also, are you using the PPG's Flirt-Pack? It has to be installed the very last thing.

Try to uninstall and re-install the mods with the proper order of installation to see if that fixes the issue, because it sounds like there is a problem with the dialogue installations/dialogue.tlk confusion.

If that doesn't fix the problem, please, post again, and we'll work from there.

Guest Eric P.

Responses follow, labeled with my initials...

It sounds pretty strange. You didn't install some dialogue.tlk over-writing mods after Kivan? (I assume that not, but just in case). Also, are you using the PPG's Flirt-Pack? It has to be installed the very last thing.

EP: I don't believe I've installed that modpack, but I've installed BTL and RE, as well as Chloe (which gave an error during installation, so I don't think it works), Kivan, Amber, Fade, Auren (worked in one game, but hasn't since installing the other joinable NPC packs). I downloaded the mods from G3.

Try to uninstall and re-install the mods with the proper order of installation to see if that fixes the issue, because it sounds like there is a problem with the dialogue installations/dialogue.tlk confusion.

EP: Hmmm...not familiar with the uninstalling process, except to do it all manually, but that might screw things up so much that I have to completely reinstall the game, apply the patches, then reinstall everything from there. My system is a G4 Quicksilver Mac running OS X 10.4.10. Everything is up-to-date.

I'll look and see if I can figure out how to undo and redo everything. Thanks so much!

- Eric

Guest Eric P.
Responses follow, labeled with my initials...

EP: I don't believe I've installed that modpack, but I've installed BTL and RE, as well as Chloe (which gave an error during installation, so I don't think it works), Kivan, Amber, Fade, Auren (worked in one game, but hasn't since installing the other joinable NPC packs). I downloaded the mods from G3.

EP: Hmmm...not familiar with the uninstalling process, except to do it all manually, but that might screw things up so much that I have to completely reinstall the game, apply the patches, then reinstall everything from there. My system is a G4 Quicksilver Mac running OS X 10.4.10. Everything is up-to-date.

I'll look and see if I can figure out how to undo and redo everything. Thanks so much!

- Eric

SOLVED! :( I ran the setup.command again, and chose to reinstall at the prompts. Now Kivan interacts as he's supposed to. From this I gather that NPC mods need to be installed or reinstalled after installing other kinds of game mods. I'll remember this if other characters don't behave as they're meant to.

Thanks for the advice!

Happy gaming,

Eric

Archived