Issues with Multiplayer...

Kitana

I'm not sure if this is really the best forum to ask, but I know you folks are all friendly and knowledgeable, so hopefully you won't mind me asking for help here.

Well, I finally convinced my boyfriend to buy BG2, after ages of telling him what a great game I thought it was.

So far, we've had just about every possible thing that COULD go wrong in the installation process go wrong. I finally got to the point where I can create a multiplayer game. I chose TCP/IP, but when I hit New Game I get a crash to desktop with a standard Windows Vista-type Baldur's Gate II has stopped working kind of message.

Any ideas?

Have you tried to choose IPX instead of TCP/IP, assuming that you don't need to play over the internet, but are able to play over LAN? For us that has always worked better than TCP/IP. I have never used Windows Vista though, so I don't know if it even supports IPX anymore or what you have to do to get it working. With Windows XP or 2000 I might be able to help you. :(

BTW does the singleplayer game work?

Have you tried to choose IPX instead of TCP/IP, assuming that you don't need to play over the internet, but are able to play over LAN? For us that has always worked better than TCP/IP. I have never used Windows Vista though, so I don't know if it even supports IPX anymore or what you have to do to get it working. With Windows XP or 2000 I might be able to help you. :(

BTW does the singleplayer game work?

We do need to play over the internet, unfortunately, seeing that he lives halfway across the country from me. IPX is grayed out...

Yeah, the single player game works fine.

tried compatibility mode?

What's that?

Archived