Viconia Cleric/Thief multiclass mod?

Andyr

I remember a year or two ago (when I was still fairly active) people mentioning a mod which would make Viconia a Cleric/Thief multiclass, instead of just a Cleric. I have done a little searching and can't find anything now, however--can anyone tell me if I am just imagining things, or if this idea was ever picked up and used?

I remember a year or two ago (when I was still fairly active) people mentioning a mod which would make Viconia a Cleric/Thief multiclass, instead of just a Cleric. I have done a little searching and can't find anything now, however--can anyone tell me if I am just imagining things, or if this idea was ever picked up and used?

As far as I know, nothing official has been done about it. Its still a nice concept however, and quite a few people would like to see it implemented.

Of course, one can always use Shadowkeeper to modify Viconia, but the end result is buggy for many users. Besides, why use SK when you can do so much more through a well-thought mod?

I believe that Nythrun's level 1 NPCs mod would allow you to do this. Now all we need is Nythrun to come back and release a final version :(

I really don't want to show disrespect to anyone here, but many people seem to be eagerly anticipating this mod. If Nythrun simply can't be reached, shouldn't it be possible to release the mod without her "Go"?

We're waiting to do a confab on the mod's development. But to talk about development, you kind of need the developer(s) present.

If some other experienced modders want to join the team, let me and cmorgan know. Then we'll have "developer(s) present".

Otherwise, Stay tuned.

(in other words, Nythrun is a Guru level coder, and asking either Azzazello or me to help support it is like asking us to run a nuclear power plant, unless Azazzello is secretly a trained nuclear technition :( Seriously, thousands of lines of wicked cool code to read, adjust, match, and patch every possible NPC into almost any possible combination, and put them in play with appropriate levels, experience points, items, and preserved patching from other mods... It is beautiful, in the terrifying way that says "wow - someday I will understand a third of that, and I can then die happy...")

Because some players would probably use code from a mod that they are confident will work correctly, as opposed to using a tool to tinker with the game themselves in ways they may not fully understand. :(

::Raise hand::

a.k.a. Someone like me.

What can I say? I'm a player, not a modder.

Because some players would probably use code from a mod that they are confident will work correctly, as opposed to using a tool to tinker with the game themselves in ways they may not fully understand. :(

Nothing hard about it, really. Open Shadowkeeper, open saved game, go to Viconia, change her class. Simple.

Andyr,

FWIW, I would recommend at least trying the beta version of the Lvl1NPC mod. It offers the opportunity to tweak Viconia, IIRC.

I've used it in the past on Imoen, Valygar and Minsc to change their kits or tweak their proficiencies. I'm not a PnP player nor someone who can quote what a kit's stats and capabilities should be, but I've been satisfied with the changes and don't notice anything different beyond what I changed.

The tweaking of Imoen from a dual classed thief/mage to a single class sorcerer isn't trouble free, at least from the experience I've had with my pc (meaning it hasn't replicated on Nythrun's setup back in July or so when I brought it up in a different thread) but it was only a minor annoyance (three 1st lvl spells instead of five, but AFAICT the correct number of spell castings for her lvl) that I could work around. It seemed to work right when I changed her to a single-class thief. Similarly, changing choice of weapons for Minsc and Valygar. It allowed changing the choices and only allowed putting in as many pips as allowed for the chosen class. I believe I only have one kit installed via a mod, so I don't remember if lvl1npc was picking it up to include in the kit options or not.

Another advantage to the mod is that you can use it to restore a character back to its original kit very easily.

Well, that's just my 2 cents worth. :(

John

Nothing hard about it, really. Open Shadowkeeper, open saved game, go to Viconia, change her class. Simple.

Well--easy for us, but as I mentioned I believe some players would think differently.

John: thanks for you recommendation; I may look into it.

Archived