Kivan Perma-Held in Hell Trial

Guest Hop Spider

Guest Hop Spider

I am having a bit of a problem with Kivan being permanently held during the Tears of Bhaal Hell trials.

During the selfishness trial he gets held and is not released. I have waited 10 minutes is real life, I've moved him around in the party, hoping the demon will pick somone else. I have changed the order in which I do the trials. I cleared my cache as well. Remove paralysis doesn't work either. Putting the ring of free action on him prior doesn't help either.

I have a few mods running besides Kivan. Has anyone else run into this?

Overall I am very pleased with the Kivan mod. Well done. BTW I have not had the opportunity to restore Daheriana yet. Have I missed it? My PC is a human male (successful romance with Jaheira) dual-classed ranger/cleric. I did not talk to Aphril in Spellhold, or get any added dialouges from Demin.

I've really enjoyed this mod and hope to be able to got through ToB with both Kivan and Daheriana.

Cheers.

If you didn't talk to Aphril, you will not have an option of ressurecting Deheriana, which happens during Demin's dialogue, which ia ssume you've passed, and left behind you. I am not sure why Kivan didn't die in the end of SoA on you, I guess I will need even more triggers there to really kill him off.

Hell Trials have a specific order in which the NPCs are being grabbed, determined by the game itself. I am not sure why he is the one, actually, because if you had Jaheira from begining till end, it should have been her, as she comes abroad earlier. I am also not sure why he is not released, it is definetly not something I added to the game.

I am just not sure. If you want, I can check your game on my clean install to see if the bug goes away, and it is a matter of an alteration introduced by another mod (something like tweaks or anything tactical?) but that's probably as much as I can do. Appart from going through those triggers one more time....

If you didn't talk to Aphril, you will not have an option of ressurecting Deheriana, which happens during Demin's dialogue, which ia ssume you've passed, and left behind you. I am not sure why Kivan didn't die in the end of SoA on you, I guess I will need even more triggers there to really kill him off.

Hell Trials have a specific order in which the NPCs are being grabbed, determined by the game itself. I am not sure why he is the one, actually, because if you had Jaheira from begining till end, it should have been her, as she comes abroad earlier. I am also not sure why he is not released, it is definetly not something I added to the game.

I am just not sure. If you want, I can check your game on my clean install to see if the bug goes away, and it is a matter of an alteration introduced by another mod (something like tweaks or anything tactical?) but that's probably as much as I can do. Appart from going through those triggers one more time....

Thank for the reply. I'm sorry for being so late to get back.

I got my perma-held problem fixed over on the PBG boards. Basically you activate the cheats, then select Kivan and hit ctrl-r. Jaheira didn't get picked because she left the party twice for Harper reasons, so Kivan was in the party the longest. The perma-held problem is a know problem, happening for other NPC's not just him.

As for the Deheriana problem, no biggee. I really have enjoyed the Kivan NPC, so I am happy to play it again. I remember (now) something in the readme about talking to Aphril, but by the time I got to Spellhold, I had forgotten it.

Kivan was supposed to die in BG2? Hmmm...I am playing with him (sans Daheriana) in ToB. He has relevant dialouges. At this point I REALLY hope he doesn't die off. Oh well.

Thanks for making a really great mod.

Cheers.

Guest Hop Spider
I am glad to hear it. No, Kivan will not die in ToB, but you might not get an epilogue or get an inappropriate one, because this path is unaccounted for.

No worries on the epilouge.

Cheers.

Archived