Comments on the introduction thread

Meira

Note: This thread has been split from the topic The Haer'Dalis Romance mod, an introduction. This is just to keep the introduction clean and easy to find; feel free to continue the discussion if there's anything to add.

JPS

---

The SoA part of the romance will include the two Haer'Dalis-related quests that were also planned and then cut by the designers. We have not yet decided exactly how the quests will tie in with the romance, but I'm sure we'll figure something out.

I take you mean "The murder of Acton Blathis" and "The summoning problem" -quests (as listed in UB info thread)? I think that maybe you should make these quests available to all players and not just those playing female chars. Of course there could be extra quest related lovetalks for the romance, but I see no reason to cut chance to play these quests out (again!) from the male PCs. Or maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions and you actually don't mean limiting the quests to romance only by "tying the quests with the romance". :)

It's great that this project is back on the drawing table. I'm really looking forward to this! :)

Who are the team members exactly by the way? You and Barren at least, but who else?

-Meira

The SoA part of the romance will include the two Haer'Dalis-related quests that were also planned and then cut by the designers. We have not yet decided exactly how the quests will tie in with the romance, but I'm sure we'll figure something out.

I take you mean "The murder of Acton Blathis" and "The summoning problem" -quests (as listed in UB info thread)? I think that maybe you should make these quests available to all players and not just those playing female chars. Of course there could be extra quest related lovetalks for the romance, but I see no reason to cut chance to play these quests out (again!) from the male PCs. Or maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions and you actually don't mean limiting the quests to romance only by "tying the quests with the romance". :)

It's great that this project is back on the drawing table. I'm really looking forward to this! :)

jps and I have talked briefly about how it'll work. The two quests will appear in UB and be open to everyone, with or without the romance. More than likely, it'll be coded so that the quest from UB will not interfere with the H'D Romance.

Who are the team members exactly by the way? You and Barren at least, but who else?

Dunno who all jps has in mind, but I've offered my help in coding to mod--it'd be a nice break from UB. ;)

Yes, the quests will be the same ones that are going to be included in UB, so they will be availiable to anyone who has Haer'Dalis in the party. The romance will of course mainly be for people who want to romance him (ooh... really?), but I see no reason to change the quests to only be availiavle if the romance is active. That said, the quests will almost certainly be availiabe as a part of UB before the rest of the romance is completed, so anyone who isn't particularly interested in the romance will probably get them that way.

As for the team; I'm not sure who's in it at the moment. I just like to refer to myself as "we". :)

As Icelus said, he has offered to help, and I suppose Barren will be around now that things start happening again. Anyone who has workroom access and has taken part in the discussions there is certainly welcome to take part as much as they like. At this stage, I know how I want the romance to turn out, so any future discussions will most likely be less about what should happen and how thing should be doen and more about checking if the stuff I write actually does what I want it to do, which is probably a lot less fun. I expect to scare off most people in about a week or so, and then we don't have to worry about if they're in the team or not :)

At this stage, I know how I want the romance to turn out, so any future discussions will most likely be less about what should happen and how thing should be doen and more about checking if the stuff I write actually does what I want it to do, which is probably a lot less fun.

Amen to that. You go right ahead and work on it and we'll hang around eagerly awaiting to see the result :)

Archived