Andris still won't die

falconflicker

Hi everybody,

First post ever, and I need help. I'm in the Ice labrynth, and Andris won't die. He's taken like 600 damage, and won't die. I'm using SCSv5, and I've heard that it shouldn't happen. What's going on?

Hi. It certainly shouldn't happen but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

What did you do to him? Did he ever try to cast Dimension Door?

(The background here is: he's protected from death to give him a chance to teleport away without script problems stopping him before you kill him. He has a special item to keep him protected. He should lose that item if either (a) he does actually teleport him away, or (b) something happens (e.g., he's silenced) that stops him legitimately). I guess you've probably done something I hadn't anticipated that's stopping him teleporting.)

Come to think of it, another possibility is that (rather like trolls in BG1) you need to ease off hurting him for a second so his script can fire.

In any case, if you know how to use the cheat mode you could try

CTRL-R to remove any odd effects

followed by CTRL-Y to reduce him to 0 hp.

What did you do to him? Did he ever try to cast Dimension Door?

I don't believe he ever did.

I'd always move in, web or silence the three, and then fireball them three times.

Also, Ctrl-R then Ctrl-Y don't work

OK, I think I've got it... are you playing without the "mages pre-cast defensive spells" component?

OK, I think I've got it... are you playing without the "mages pre-cast defensive spells" component?

Yes. Why would that effect anything?

Because it confirms exactly what the bug is. (I normally test with pre-cast installed, which is how I missed it for a while.) Unzip the atttached file and drop it into the scs/mage folder and reinstall the mod (you can do this in mid-game).

andris.zip

Archived