Split from "Progress reports"

Bri

How does this sound?

"I wonder, can any entity in this world hold such dark fascination as I percieve emanating from thee? Truly, your presence hath the feel of a summer tempest, with all it's inherent power and majesty and the sense of danger that standing within it's sphere of activity doth render."

Hey everybody. I am so happy that someone is finally making a serious attempt to write a HD romance. My heart just broke everytime such project retired (we all know how many times this happened), I just hope you'll really make it.

I guess it might not be a bad idea to look at some of that retired projects, as some of them contained quite interesting ideas and also dialogues and I seriously doubt the authors would disagree at "stealing" some.

And as for the poetry: some songs of the Doors (for example the end or when the music is over) always reminded me of HD and also Baudelaire and Goethe's Faust would in my opinion fit HD's ideology.

And for all Aerie haters: I 100% stick with you as I just can't stand that whiny bitch, that sticks to HD and you as the "mighty" PC must just stand and look with your heart bleeding (that's why I always leave her where she is)

Hey everybody. I am so happy that someone is finally making a serious attempt to write a HD romance. My heart just broke everytime such project retired (we all know how many times this happened), I just hope you'll really make it.

I guess it might not be a bad idea to look at some of that retired projects, as some of them contained quite interesting ideas and also dialogues and I seriously doubt the authors would disagree at "stealing" some.

And as for the poetry: some songs of the Doors (for example the end or when the music is over) always reminded me of HD and also Baudelaire and Goethe's Faust would in my opinion fit HD's ideology.

And for all Aerie haters: I 100% stick with you as I just can't stand that whiny bitch, that sticks to HD and you as the "mighty" PC must just stand and look with your heart bleeding (that's why I always leave her where she is)

hey ! always glad to see a fellow-aerie-hater :D

hmm ... as to your ideas maybe you could post some poetry or song-lyrics so we could all discuss about whether it fits or not :D

i also agree about looking for the retired projects for ideas :D i have some saved on my pc if you wish i could post it ...

Well, as I've already said I won't use other people's poetry. I believe it has already been done in the Solaufein mod (which I haven't played, so correct me if I'm wrong), and, more importantly, it would force the dialogues (and in the long term, the romance) to follow the poetry, and that's not what I'm looking for.

That said, I'm not opposed to using poetry or songs for inspiration. I hadn't thought of the Doors myself, but Baudelaire is certainly a source of inspiration, as are other 19th century decadents (Swinburne, Dowson, Wilde, and that bunch). I'm not a great fan of Goethe, though. I vastly prefer Christopher Marlowe's 'Doctor Faustus', as you'll notice if I ever get around to writing the fanfic I'm planning...

So, feel free to post sources of inspiration (I'll start a thread for it when I've finished writing this), but don't expect everything to be used.

JPS

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm still alive :D

I've had far less internet access than I thought I would have during the holidays and jut when I had made up my mind to start writing things anyway and post them whenever I got the chance I got the worst cold I've had for as long as I can remember.

Things should be getting better soon, though.

JPS

Hi, I'm uh not sure if this is the best place to post this but nevermind. I've been drooling over the prospect of a HD romance for a very long time, been a long time lurker on the Black Isle/Interplay Boards. I'm so elated over this Mod that I'm crawling out of the deepest shadowsand withdrawing from my usual introverted persona to do the Happy Dance. Yay! HD all the way! Even if I can't spell his name. :D

*returns to cheering softly from the sidelines*

That's the problem with these forums – all the strange things I say are still there months later. With my attention span, I don't really know if I should be held responsible for anything I said earlier than last week.

Archived