Do Yasraena and BTL conflict?

ericp07

Hello,

I have a party that just got to CH 2 in BGII - SoA/ToB (playing SoA now, latest ToB patch installed) on a G4 Mac running OS X 10.4.10, if that's relevant. The Yasraena install went perfectly, and she approached and joined the party just before they left Irenicus' dungeon. I had already installed BTL, and in another game, both Kiyone and Kova joined the party. However, with this new game, Kiyone doesn't appear where she's supposed to, so I'm wondering if there's a known conflict between the two mods.

I'll reinstall BTL, to see if that helps, but I'd appreciate any insights on how to solve this issue.

Thanks and happy gaming,

Eric

Yasraena has her forum at Chosen of Mystra and Beyond the Law has its forum at Spellhold Studios. Given that Yasraena isn't really supported any more, you might do better asking at SHS.

Sorry, but I haven't played either mod myself, so I can't offer any suggestions apart from asking on a forum where more players who use those mods might spot it.

What do you mean when you say Kiyone doesn't appear "where" she is supposed to? She has no specific place. She is supposed to appear the moment your party's reputation reaches 13. Were you aware of that?

I haven't tried both mods together myself but I was once puzzled on why I couldn't get Kiyone early on and then found out it was because my rep hadn't reached 13. Darn my neutral pc!

What do you mean when you say Kiyone doesn't appear "where" she is supposed to? She has no specific place. She is supposed to appear the moment your party's reputation reaches 13. Were you aware of that?

I haven't tried both mods together myself but I was once puzzled on why I couldn't get Kiyone early on and then found out it was because my rep hadn't reached 13. Darn my neutral pc!

D'oh! If that's in the docs, then shame on me ;) I'll carry on playing, and get the rep up. I thought maybe Kiyone would always first appear in the same spot, but clearly I'm mistaken there.

I have her and Kova in another party, in another game, and when they walked through Waukeen's Promenade, they passed another Kiyone standing around with a blue circle under her. I found this odd, but didn't bother talking to her. Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

Thanks!

Eric

D'oh! If that's in the docs, then shame on me ;) I'll carry on playing, and get the rep up. I thought maybe Kiyone would always first appear in the same spot, but clearly I'm mistaken there.

I have her and Kova in another party, in another game, and when they walked through Waukeen's Promenade, they passed another Kiyone standing around with a blue circle under her. I found this odd, but didn't bother talking to her. Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

Thanks!

Eric

This issue is now resolved, as everything works as it should with these mods, except that they're both completely silent, where I was expecting to hear some audio associated with one or both mods. Don't know what to do about that.

- E

Indeed, the characters act as they should, and now I've discovered why I wasn't hearing anything. The Mac version of the game uses .wav files, not .ogg, and the installers for mods that aren't written for Mac don't convert the audio files. I found which folders contained .ogg files, and used a program I found called Music Man to batch convert all the files to .wav format. This will be of interest to Mac users who install mods :thumbsup: Soon I'll test everything out again.

It occurs to me that I'd better not get too attached to any of my saved games, as issues with mods sometimes force me to abandon a game and start over...I'm just hoping, now, that I'll start hearing what I've been missing with all these joinable NPCs :)

Current favorite party: Female Elf Ranger as protagonist, Auren Aseph, Saerileth, Viconia, Kova, and Kiyone. I wish I could fit Kivan in there as well, but someone had to go, and the Kiyone/Kova interaction intrigues me...

Thanks so much!

Eric

Archived