CRE won't spawn

theacefes

(Please make the spwan EXTEND_BOTTOM again, if you haven't already.

I would recommend setting a check variable, to prevent multiple spawning:

IF
Global("SarahQuest","GLOBAL",1)
Global("AnnaSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("AnnaSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("ANNA",[2256.1354],7)
END

Further I would recommend using a prefix for your mod, and assign variables and file names with it.)

And now to your original question (sorry for th epatronizing, but I think it's helpful remarks):

For occasions where she doesn't spawn, what does CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("SarahQuest","GLOBAL") give? And, of course your spawn variable, in my example "AnnaSpawn"?

As far as I know, scripts get executed every time, and changes to the script that are added after the area was already visited get performed. I never had problems that stated otherwise. It's different for anything else that is changed in the .are via .tp2, these changes do not show if the area is already in the save/cache. But for testing, if you want to make sure, it's always best to load a save where you haven't visited the area before.

About the multi-spawning: do you still use the code as quoted in your first post? Then you don't set the global to something that will prevent the spawning code from running more than once. I'd have expected something like this:

IF
 THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("SarahQuest","GLOBAL",2)
END

Or, more stringently:

IF
Global("AnnaSpawn","AR1000",0)
 THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("AnnaSpawn","AR1000",1)
END

no, it shouldn't require a new game

It does if you have visited that area already.

CoM_Solaufein is right - and check that your cache folder is empty, too. Gorilym and I spent three full modding days (or more, I think) reworking a Dynaheir's Quest cutscene, because nothing we did seemed to apply, until we both realized that we were loading from saves in the area we wanted the changes made - so everything had already had its script saved in the savegame.

that's wrong.

Afraid not. But believe whatever you wish. I have done this a great many times before.

IF
Global("AnnaSpawn","AR1000",0)
 THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("AnnaSpawn","AR1000",1)
END

I shall try this.

@ Gort: CoM_Solaufein has been modding for quite a while, and I'm going to assume you have been as well, but if you have, you would know that different code works for different people...trust me I know. But the point isn't to prove that your way works, but getting a working solution at all.

I just want for my NPC to spawn, thus why I started this thread. All help is appreciated greatly, I can't state that enough.

Again, thanks guys.

Archived