Bug reports for Version 1.3

berelinde

And I've found the problem. The problem is that I'm a moron. I forgot to add my own prefix to a variable check.

Type this into the console and go talk to Kelddath, and you'll be good to go:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("MutaminDead","GLOBAL",2)

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!GavinBassilusQuest","GLOBAL",6)

You should have done the latter before, but in case you didn't, there it is. Also, if you wanted to resume from the saved game where he left, he should be standing right outside the temple. He was in your save.

I'll be fixing this for v2.

Cool. The funny thing is that I know this worked in previous versions, because this quest hasn't been changed... intentionally.

However... I do have a cat who knows how to work the keyboard drawer on my computer desk, and it wouldn't be the first time he stepped on some funky key combination. :) He's also hit speaker phone and dialed 911 before. It's like living with a monkey.

Yet another bug.

During Body Thieves quest, when you break into Valeria's house, all her guards attack you, but Gustav, the butler, doesn't turn hostile and you can speak to him after the fight. Still, he doesn't seem to acknowledge that Bertram is dead, so the dialog just breaks when it comes to Bertram's interjection.

Ah, that explains it. I'm going to call that a fluke. This is his spawning code:

IF //Gustav
AreaCheck("%Temple%")
Global("B!GustavExists","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("B!GustavExists","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("B!GUSTAV",[3950.50],0)
END

And this is his moving code:

/* Moving Gustav */
IF
 Global("B!GustavExists","GLOBAL",1)
 Global("B!GustavMove","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
EscapeAreaMove("%Beregost_House22_L1%",475,375,1)
SetGlobal("B!GustavMove","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
 OR(6)
 See(Player1)
 See(Player2)
 See(Player3)
 See(Player4)
 See(Player5)
 See(Player6)
 Global("B!NeutralGustav","LOCALS",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("B!NeutralGustav","LOCALS",1)
StartDialog("B!GUSTAV",Player1)
END

That's very, very basic script, and there aren't a lot of places this can screw up.

Guest Lady Darwin
...suddenly there is a big problem with his second quest. With the Bassilus one everything went smoothly, but after talking with messenger when I go with Gavin to Keddath, Keddath's dialogue isn't changed, and Gavin still thinks he has to go to the temple and reminds my PC about it :) I'm not romancing him, if this matters.

I am romancing him, and I get this same bug. 2nd quest never initiates, no dialogue from Keddath. Gavin whines that we need to see Keddath even when standing right next to him.

Yes, it's a typo in one of the global variables that's preventing Ormlyr from talking.

If you can use the CLUA console, please open it and type in

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("MutaminDead","GLOBAL",2)

Then go talk to Ormlyr again.

Archived