Bugs for v2

Kulyok

Please, download the mod one more time from G3 page, and try again. Try using a Flashget plugin from Flashget.com - it usually helps, if you're experiencing troubles. Laran is among the lagest, best and most thoroughly tested components in the entire mod, so the file is here in the full version, I just checked.

I couldn't install Eldoth, Haer'Dalis or Laran, and it seems the reason is the same. This is what WeiDU told me:

ERROR: error copying [override/oggdec.exe]
ERROR: error copying [override/oggdec.exe]
ERROR: COPY ~RE/Audio/oggdec.exe~ ~override/oggdec,exe~ FAILED: cannot open targer
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 35 files for [RE/SETUP-RE.TP2] component 25.
ERROR: error copying [RE/Backup/25/oggdec.exe]
D:\Spiele\Baldurs Gate II - Shadows of Amn\override\RE_Lar0*.wav konnte nicht gefunden werden
Uninstalled	 35 files for [RE/SETUP-RE.TP2] component 25.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(1, "open", "override/oggdec.exe")

I'm not sure, but might this be the same error as was mentioned here?

- :(:):););):D:D

I don't think so. It might be a problem with your other mods, however:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=11087

I'd recommend uninstalling RE fully, then checking in your override: if find oggdec.exe there, it's possible some other mod didn't "clean after themselves"; delete oggdec.exe. Then, please, install RE again.

That worked. Thank you!

- :(:):););):D:D

The area in question is called ARRE03; we use RE prefix, registered at blackwyrmlair.net, where, incidentally, NEJ is hosted, so I wonder why they'd be using the same area name. Perhaps there is some mistake, a reinstallation issue?

Let's try to find out what it is. Please, e-mail me ARRE03.are from your override directory(not from anywhere else), and post your weidu.log.

when installing Ilona, the merchant daughter, ARRE03.are is not copied to the override folder. This causes crash after the 'dinner' sequence, when bg2 tries to load this area.

When I right-click on Eldoth, there's no audio, but with subtitles on he says odd strings of dialogue in the dialogue box (differing on your install order, I presume. Had this problem on two different game installations, although the things he said were different in each one).

When I right-click on Eldoth, there's no audio, but with subtitles on he says odd strings of dialogue in the dialogue box (differing on your install order, I presume. Had this problem on two different game installations, although the things he said were different in each one).

I'll clean his soundset, then. Heh, until SisterVigilante told me that I had to do right-click sounds for Angelo quest characters I didn't even had an idea they were there. You live and learn. :) Thanks!

Archived