Future plans and your wishlist

Domi

So, here we go, it's V1. It is lovely to see it out, and thank you everyone who participated and helped to bring about this release! And, of course, happy 4th anniversary to the wonderful world of G3!

As for this mod, I plan at least one more addition to come at length, and that's Diriel's romance. I have no idea when I finish the writing though.

After that, I simply don't know, with Molnea/Squall being the most likely candidate to materialize, but if you want somethin', please post it here.

I could never finish IWD2 since I got always bored by my silent party members.

Although I liked the gameplay and its story.

So after stumbling on this site, and seeing this project I am anxious to start with IWD2 again. So thanks a lot for bringing out this awesome mod!

So what else could I wish for? Perhaps a romance with Valeero the female cleric? Since BG2 I am just in love with this female clerics...^^ It would also give you a "good" romance option, for the "good guys" player.

Yeah, I'm kind of missing the good romanceable female, but it wouldn't work for Valeero. She's got her fiance in Neverwinter, and I don't see her as the type that would jilt him.

Edit: If there was going to be a romanceable female for IWD2, it would probably be best as a new character. Something to think about, I guess, although writing a romance is really something that has to grab you, or it just doesn't work.

Haven't played the mod yet; both male romance options didn't strike me fancy at all, so now I'm looking forward to Diriel's romance - I don't think I'll manage to complete the game twice in a row with different romances, and Diriel's the one NPC that's really got me interested ;) I hope you'll finish his romance not so far in the future.

Yes, and thanks for the mod, IWD2 was really terrible without any party-interaction we got so used to in BG/PST.

Yes, it won't work for Valeero. Prachi can be a good romantic option in a way, and there were 3 people requesting her romance so far, so maybe I shouldn't discount her as a possibility, moreover she does participate in the romantic conflicts already.... I wouldn't mind making a female paladin for a change too if I get time, seeing how most of my mods lately are heavily leaning towards evil (Bishop, Deathstalker, Diriel and even Molnea/Squall)....

I hope you'll finish his romance not so far in the future.

I am not sure. There is a think to be done on how the romance is going to pan out because of the existing Chapter 5 interlude with him, which I still want to preserve both as a part of the romance, and if he is not in romance. So, his coding will have to be different. Plus, yes, flirtpack, which is a relatively time-consumming endeavor ;)

Yes, it won't work for Valeero. Prachi can be a good romantic option in a way, and there were 3 people requesting her romance so far, so maybe I shouldn't discount her as a possibility, moreover she does participate in the romantic conflicts already.... I wouldn't mind making a female paladin for a change too if I get time, seeing how most of my mods lately are heavily leaning towards evil (Bishop, Deathstalker, Diriel and even Molnea/Squall)....

Valeero would need a real good reason to romance or even flirt with the protagonist, and as I mentioned in another thread - it's not like our character is the only two-leged sentient being left on th face of Toril.

If you plan to make a new romancable female NPC (I guess that would mean no romance for Prachi) it could be someone...I don't know - different. Kind of like Peony, but a bit more shy perhaps? Something like Aerie but a bit less naive and less lawful. (Am I to run from hordes of Aerie-haters now? ;))

Just my two coppers.

A female paladin would definitly be something new - but then again - you already gave us a new brand of paladinhood ;)

As for evil-oriented mods...

I can't speak for everyone but my guess is that most people simply love the idea of actually role-playing a game. Be it good, almost good, bad, grouchy, evil, sadistic or whatever.

It's nice sometimes to be a compatitor for THE evil in game and not in a chaotic-stupid kind of way.

So, as I see it, there is nothing wrong in letting us gamers to have a little good, old fashioned fun burnin' a village or two ;)

I don't know about Prachi. Lawful neutral is not good-aligned.

My first thought on reading the romance options was "female paladin," possibly from an order that isn't the order of the Radiant Heart, unless you plan to have some friction in the Nord/Hildury department. Hmmm. Even that might not be a bad idea. Hildury might be jealous that Squire X has it so easy when she's got it so tough. She might also mistake the easy familiarity between Sir Nord and Squire X as mutual affection, with the appropriate reaction. But that would defuse the Nord/Hildury/Salomeya triangle, so never mind. Probably better if she wasn't Radiant Heart, if she was a paladin at all. There's always the Order of the Aster.

Or maybe Beldan could get a gender change and become romanceable. But then the name would change, too.

(Beldan was a priest of Ilmater, by the way.)

No, I'd like Beldan to remain a male.

There is always a half-elven ranger TM; Prachi's romance when in romance would shift her behavoir towards Neutral Good from Lawful Neutral, so her romance will be a good man special. I want to immediately dispell any and all Evil path for her things, simply because I don't see her shifting towards Evil; she is a geniune seeker of what's right, whether that's expressed in the Law, or in general goodness.

Hey, maybe I can make Hildury roamnceable. That would be one heck of a good romance ;) (Ducks)

Hildury wouldn't have been a bad choice if she weren't quite so dumb. Half-orcs need love, too. ;)

Don't monks have to remain lawful? I don't necessarily have a problem with her being given as a romanceable candidate, but if this was given out as a "good" romance option, she should probably be good aligned. I just worry with the equation of lawful behavior with good behavior. But then, I guess her story is one of discovery, so maybe an alignment shift would work.

Ooooh, completely missed the half-elven ranger comment! Oooh! That could be very nice, as well.

I'd probably do the same thing they did to Khelgar in NWN2, only backwards, changing her alignment and making her a vanilla fighter lvl 1 with a whack of XP to match the PC's level. That's IF I decide that she could be changed that much, ie actually come to the point of changing the alignment, not back off at the last moment killing the romance (I know, not a potential winner with the crowd!). Anyway, there could be ways, or yes, a new NPC can be an option, particulary if I can get in touch with Mrs. Cake sometime after I am done with Bishop.

I am not sure. There is a think to be done on how the romance is going to pan out because of the existing Chapter 5 interlude with him, which I still want to preserve both as a part of the romance, and if he is not in romance. So, his coding will have to be different. Plus, yes, flirtpack, which is a relatively time-consumming endeavor

A pity ;) Still, there's hope, so I guess I'll have to wait quite a bit ;) Anyway, just wanted to let you now that this romance is anticipated ;)

/rant

There's always the Order of the Aster.

By all that is holy... No. More. Freaking. Lathandrites.

/endrant

If you do pursue the female paladin idea, a paladin of the Red Knight would be an interesting idea-she could be traveling to meet the Red Knight/Tempus delegation in Targos and decide to pursue the hordes further.

Heh, yes, somehow the "But you will have to play a female elf..." didn't prove to be much of hurdle....

Don't most folks play elves anyhow? ;)

Archived