First impression BG2 Tweak Pack v5

Guest John

Thanks for releasing it.

I like the readme popping up first thing. That helps remind me what an option is about instead of what I thought it was about :wub:

I like the added options even though I chose not to use some of them, e.g., the ones dealing with traps.

I also like the links to details about the unNerfed spell tables for the various spellcasters. I don't remember seeing that before, but I could just as easily have been overlooking them; I had always wondered what they were.

I was confused by the comment about the option re: Cromwell and the Item Upgrades mod. I got the impression that the option in Tweaks v5 would cause problems if Item Upgrades is installed. IIRC, the Amber mod also changes Cromwell.

1. Will there be any change to the Item Upgrade mod then to make it compatible with the Cromwell option in v 5?

2. Is there a compatibility issue between the v 5 option and the Amber mod?

Now, if only you could enforce the summoning cap on the enemy rather than trying to fight fire with fire by removing the summoning cap on the PC's group ;) My enjoyment and game immersion are broken when fighting a cleric and a mage summoning up to 40+ monsters at one time ;) - and that only because the wand probably ran out of charges ;)

Regardlless, kudos

John

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

I also like the links to details about the unNerfed spell tables for the various spellcasters. I don't remember seeing that before, but I could just as easily have been overlooking them; I had always wondered what they were.

When Tweaks first added these components the tables were in the readme but they made it more or less unreadable. So, I removed them, then folks asked what the changes actually were, so now they're available in a separate file. ;)

I was confused by the comment about the option re: Cromwell and the Item Upgrades mod. I got the impression that the option in Tweaks v5 would cause problems if Item Upgrades is installed. IIRC, the Amber mod also changes Cromwell.

1. Will there be any change to the Item Upgrade mod then to make it compatible with the Cromwell option in v 5?

2. Is there a compatibility issue between the v 5 option and the Amber mod?

It will work fine with both Amber and the current version of Item Upgrade. It is incompatible with Improved Anvil (which uses the old Item Upgrade as a template for Cromwell changes) and I'm unsure about Ruad.

Archived