Problem with lag.

Guest Leila

I don't have SCS installed right now, but I'd really like to because I especially like the Better Calls for Help and NPCs Start at Level 0 components, but I'm kind of scared to install it. Everytime I do, I get lag in certain areas--mainly, and especially, Nashkel. And even when I uninstall the mod it's still laggy and I have to reinstall everything.

Is there any way to work around this?

I don't have SCS installed right now, but I'd really like to because I especially like the Better Calls for Help and NPCs Start at Level 0 components, but I'm kind of scared to install it. Everytime I do, I get lag in certain areas--mainly, and especially, Nashkel. And even when I uninstall the mod it's still laggy and I have to reinstall everything.

Is there any way to work around this?

Not that I'm aware of, because I haven't the faintest idea what could cause that! - SCS installs and uninstalls cleanly so I don't have a clue how it could leave persisting effects after uninstallation, and it pretty much leaves Nashkel alone. Sorry...

If you're talking about stuttering, that happens in the unmodded game, especially in places like Nashkel. And it can be random - sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Probably scripting issues from the vanilla game. The only SCS component I ever saw to cause significant lags was the Smarter Mages, and I think DavidW fixed that.

Archived