OSX: Repetable crash

Freelance Cynic

Tested on a clean EasyTutu install with no other mods. The culprit is Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Caster. As soon as you (or Gorion in the opening cutscene!) cast Melf Acid Arrow, you'll crash to desktop with the following error: An Assertion failed in CGameEffect.cpp at line number 1536.

Could you send me (webmaster@gibberlings3.net) spwi211.spl out of your override folder?

Tested on a clean EasyTutu install with no other mods. The culprit is Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Caster. As soon as you (or Gorion in the opening cutscene!) cast Melf Acid Arrow, you'll crash to desktop with the following error: An Assertion failed in CGameEffect.cpp at line number 1536.

I appear to have the same problem - EasyTuTu, but with most of the usual mods (as per the compatibility list). Gorion casts lightning, magic missile, sleep or whatever it is on Tamoko, and then the game crashes as the main char runs off the screen, with the exact same error message.

Guest Anonamoose

I hate resurrecting old threads, but it is important to note that "Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Caster" also crashes Icewind Dale in Mac OS X. Any time enemies produce multiple spell effects, there would be an assertion error at line 1390 in CGameEffects.cpp.

Archived