Offtopic Anvil Discussion

the bigg

It's also recommended to those who pathetically defend a mod to death on several forums and also claim to have written a quintessential "tutorial" to mod-making despite never having made any mod worthy of discussion themselves.

To be fair, Baronius released The Grey Clan and the Herbs mod, along with some tools. While TGC is an 'hard battles mod' and thus not compatible with me, I've heard good things of it.

Of course, as all things BG1, it requires triple work to achieve a third of the notoriety of a BG2 mod.

I think we are all missing the point, including me, as instead of listening to my own darned post I find idle curiosity pulling me back. (Another reason I really, really don't like these threads. It is the Jerry Springer Show of the modding world, and returns nothing positive, yet everyone including me can't seem to shut it off...) but the bigg has it right -

if folks want to battle for battle's sake, let's at least keep the topics to the ones where there is community disagreement, personality clash, personal agenda conflict, and/or philosophy clash. Heck, you can even throw in "your momma is so ugly" stuff. But Baronius personally has several strong tutorials on both BG and BG2 resource usage and coding, codes clean, efficient, non-object-dependent mods, has at least two independently respected mods, and has built and contributed several tools to assist modders. Most likely, the internal modder conflict is at least partially driven by equally capable moding folks (on multiple sides) who simply cannot understand why the other capable modder can't see the merits of their position. The content of the "debate" is about and surrounding other topics, not personal ability as a modder of the current participants. I can personally say that I usually dislike playing hugely tough combat challenging mods, but that I found TGCep1's storyline and encounters enjoyable enough tha I nearly always install it, and often recommend it. For about 3 hours of my game, I am in a partial-reload world, and it is still an enjoyable story/quest, with lots of large scale combat, the perfect foil for the fedex quests that tend to dominate the post-City-entry BG content. I have seen a grand total of one (1) (Uno) single bug evidenced, which Baronius immediately corrected and followed up on; a soundset entry that did not get traified (by the way, many older mods have never picked up on the fact that the only safe way to ensure all soundset references are correct over multiple types of Tutu installs and install orders is to use WeiDU to declare and relink all soundreferences through .tra, or when your SoA created .cre runs in a ToB created game, they may spout random strings when hit or dying instead of the expected "ouch" text and/or sound.)

No reasonable person here has ever framed this as a modding competition. To quote one of my favorite movies, "What we have here is a Failure to Communicate". And can we please stop jostling eachother's egos, and actually do some modding stuff? Even the Jerry Springer Show has commercial breaks, and ends at a predetermined time.

I know I shouldn't follow internet soap opera but... since this kind of relates to what I've been saying, it's just too good to pass up. :);)

Apparently, one of IA's own defenders (in fact I think he even made a guest post in this thread - see post #11) is now being branded as someone that relies on cheese (aka "cheeser" happy0007.gif happy0007.gif happy0007.gif love that word) and his entire thread was considered unworthy and moved to a different forum.

To Ryel (if you're reading this):

Since Sikret claimed you were cheating because you unfairly gained some extra XP by not killing the bad guy, tell him that, using his own twisted logic, he too, is a cheeser since he installed the multiple strongholds component and gained MUCH, MUCH more XP than you possibly could have. Therefore, his own thread is now COMPLETELY NULL, VOID AND UNRELIABLE and thus, he should MOVE HIS OWN THREAD to the gaming forum (because by his definition, that is also pure cheese - an easy way to get free XP and other valuable items). You also brought up an excellent point about him cheesing his way through the Torgal battle to which he gave a very lame excuse ("step-by-step retreat", LOL wtf? :) ). Good job exposing the hypocrisy.

And no, Ryel, I don't think of you as a cheeser either. That was actually a pretty clever move. :)

By the way, you made another good point about Sikret forcing his playing style and his favourite classes onto his players. That sentence and Ryel's thread should hopefully sum up the opinion of IA.

The problem is, Sikret unfortunately does not seem to realize he is losing players by acting like a kid that doesn't have his way. And of course, with that goofball Baronius around, it only makes matters worse.

I'm glad IA's own players are now starting to see the light.

Apologies, Cam. You're absolutely right. It's not. It was just simply irresistable to post. That's all.

But I respect you, so I'll stop.

You misunderstood. He's telling you to start a new thread titled "I'm responding to something on another forum" and to post there!

Right, Cam?

Apologies, Cam. You're absolutely right. It's not. It was just simply irresistable to post. That's all.

But I respect you, so I'll stop.

You misunderstood. He's telling you to start a new thread titled "I'm responding to something on another forum" and to post there!

Right, Cam?

Heh. No. :)

If folks still have something to offer on IA, go ahead. But the pointless bickering, personal attacks, and whining about another forum's moderation really aren't accomplishing anything useful. I'd just as soon have everyone not bother so we can all go back to modding instead of babysitting a thread.

Just noticed this.

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=3653

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if WyrmLord123 was one of those users who demanded optional components on IA's and/or other forums in the past. The join date is 28 March 2008, so he/she probably joined Bioware just to get publicity for his/her "new" mod. Perhaps one of the known IE modding forum members under a different username.

LMAO. happy0194.gifhappy0194.gifhappy0194.gifhappy0194.gif

Baronius,

You have to be fucking kidding me if you ever think I would waste my time sorting through this garbage that you call 'mod'.

Lame, dude. Real lame. You accuse others of making baseless claims like that infamous 'astroturfed' quote, and yet here you are doing the same fucking thing.

Fucking hypocritical cunt.

I wouldn't be surprised if this 'wyrmlord' guy is none other than yourself, just to set me up.

You are literally a cancer to the modding communities.

temujin, relax. If Baronius wants to see shadows in every post, let him. No one here cares about it, and it certainly doesn't help to throw out a bunch of insults with that kind of language.

Helpful hint: the way to deal with egomaniacs, trolls, and/or paranoids does not involve paying attention to them.

Archived