Offtopic Anvil Discussion

the bigg

hmm.. I knew it was only a matter of time before my number 1 fan missed me.....ah well, what better way to pass the time.

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=4165

boohooev7.gifboohooev7.gif

It's funny you keep throwing around this word 'business' with modding, when in fact it was you who came up with this infamous gem:

However, even if it's profitable, why not? No one would be so stupid not trying to make money from a site when it's possible.

jester2sh2.gifjester2sh2.gif

Show's over, Janos. You've been exposed as a shiester that engages in washing money the moment you demanded access to TheWizard's paypal account laughatyounb9.gif ........and yet you have the temerity to accuse others of treating it as a business (even though none of that garbage is remotely true)? :D

So you're now angry and jealous at the success of other mods and communites? Why? They did just about everything the right way (i.e. everything the opposite of what you and BWL does). They worked hard, so surely they deserve it? dunnowe5.gif

But comparing a non-weidu mod to a weidu'd one....and saying they're both equally good? jester2sh2.gifjester2sh2.gif

Sheer, unadulterated stupidity at its best.

Stick to accusing some arbitrary player of lying and cheating in a video game or trashing the fixpack and other mods if that's what gives you the most pyschologically satisfying feeling.

It's obvious you're destined to be this way until the day you die. I wonder what will the epitaph on your tombstone say:

48467842rv4.png

Sadly even the tombstone generator wouldn't honour you by giving you a proper obituary (word count limitations), but here's what it's supposed to say:

Here lies Baronius 

a Hungarian known to be acrimonious,

a mod maker that claimed his way was sanctimonious,

but was only proven to be erroneous,

and also deemed to be felonius,

let us rejoice, for this sounds harmonious

as only in hell will he finally be ceremonious.

Had an unrivaled hate towards a certain G3 fixpack,

but now here he is forced to lean back!

R.I.P

hammerrp8.gif

P.S. I actually wasted time reading that huge-ass garbage post of yours, but next time I'm not going to bother. If you're making another 'I'm angry at the world' post, just summarize that shit in a sentence or two beforehand if you're intent on bringing me into it.

P.P.S. I know even after reading this post you would still not respond to me here in this forum, but instead make some lame comeback in your 2-bit clown college of a messageboard, but hey, that's to be expected. Go ahead, Baroness Orczy, hide inside your forum behind your admin commands. :)

LOL. Did he actually delete the entire thread now? sometimes I wonder why people even bother responding to this nut.

First, he makes an off-topic comment himself intentionally to get a rise out of everyone, then once people start responding to his gibberish and put him in his place, he then innocuously claims the thread has gone off topic and moves the offending posts (and even deletes 1 or 2 of them for some reason), and then quickly locks the thread (of course, only after getting the last word in himself). THEN he suggests dealing this via PM. Now the entire thread is gone. :laugh::) So Janos, why didn't you take your own advice and deal with this through PM right from the beginning? :party:

Why waste everyone's time by making them respond to your same old, worthless, nonsense and then lock the thread? :D

You're a sophisticated troll that mastered trolling and turned it into an art form. No doubt, you'll pull this same shit again sometime in the future. And of course everyone will fall for it and feel compelled to respond to your verbal diarrhea. And no doubt you'll be locking the future topic and justify it by saying it might attract trolls, when the truth will irrefutably be you getting badly embarassed as usual.

And you question why your site remains a failure?

Some key words that I still remember from your recent 5000-word thesis...

"visitor count"... "hits"... "reputation"... "site business"... "propoganda"... "weidu abuse"........LOL.. jealousy is a real bitch, huh?

As I said, this 'modding' paranoia has ruined your life. Take my advice, Baro. Relieve yourself from this virtual imprisonment, and spend the few remaining good years outside in the real world instead of worrying how many visitors some site gets...

...while you still have a little lead left in your pencil. :band:

He's just mad that IA is not compatible with many mods and tends to break your game.

WoW he's naming names there. :)

I think what started this circus act was that thebigg said something about either his mod or IA received 10000 download hits, and then compared it to The Darkest Day which had over 100000 hits or something. Apparently, comparing his mod/IA to TDD must've hurt his ego or something.....which in turn made the world witness Baronius at his most eloquent and articulate.

bearsem8.gifbearsem8.gif

Isn't it the same as logged in?

Anyway, here you go ......... Enjoy

PS I was asked to remove the link. Since I'm not the troublemaker, I satisfied request. Now I'll wait and see if my counter request will be satisfied. If not then the link will appear again.

PPS It's been settled down. Sorry, no link for you guys.

sometimes I wonder why people even bother responding to this nut.
'Cause it's fun. Though being called a liar is not a thing I'm fond.

yeah, I have to admit, I'm guilty of that myself. :D

Baronius is a true enigma. I don't think he's real. He cannot be!

He just makes these threads and posts to give us all a good laugh, or something to get angry at and vent our frustrations, a true hate figure. I think this is all just an act. A masterpiece, if its real.

thanks for the laughs Baro, I guess... :)

Guest AG as a guest

Can't , of course. But this time he played poorly. It's clear that no one would take

What can your little site possibly do to me, a modder (if retired one) of SHS which is mighty enough to deny your pathetic Prefix Reservation List? Eh? :)
for offense

sigh... looks like another unrelated topic has turned into a fixpack trashing thread. As usual, naive souls will take his bait and reply to his ramblings, and of course, the posts will be moved to an off-topic thread and eventually deleted. The cycle continues...

But hold on a minute!!!

Folks, I just received word from a VERY credible source as to why Baronius is acting the way he does towards the BG2 fixpack. Actually, it has NOTHING to do with the fixpack at all, but it all stems from a deep underlying hate towards its main author, Camdawg, himself.

Gather around, boys and girls, for this story is THE most shocking, tragic tale you may have ever heard on the net. But it is sadly true (as my source is always known for being credible). It reveals how and why things are the way they are.

------------------------------------------

Several years ago (more than a decade), both Baronius and Camdawg used to be the best of friends. They were so close, so tight, that they would share just about anything between them. Back then, young Cam (he was NOT the same Cam that we've all grown to love today, rather just a goofy kid barely off his teens) was just as much of a usurpant, crook as Baronius. And you know what they say, birds of a feather...

Anyway, as I said, despite both being chaotic evil, they were inseparable as pals. One day, Cam made a shocking proposition: they both trade wives for one night. :D:party::laugh: (remember they're both sick, sick human beings.) At first, Baronius was hesitant, seeing as they never met each other in reality (they were still only friends in cyberspace). But eventually, temptation, lust and greed got the better of him and he gave in.

An agreement was made and Cam was to bring his missus over to Baronius' crib in Budapest, Hungary. But back then, Cam never really had a wife (as I said, he was still only a kid). So he saw a hooker at a local gas station and asked her to 'pose' as his wife.

And off they went to the great city of Budapest!!!

Once they all met and shook hands, the "fun" really began in the bedrooms. All I can say at this point is that, according to my credible source, Cam was later quoted as saying, "Hungarian women are known for being naughty......saucy......rambunctious.......passionate.........sensual......adventurous... and Mrs. Baronius was certainly no exception!" All in all, he had a great time that night in Budapest. :bday:

Meanwhile, poor Baronius contracted gonorrhea and didn't even know about it. It took him a while to realize what just happened - he had been cheated! By his best friend no less! He wanted to confront Cam about this, but, by then, it was too late! Cam had already left the country and went back to the States. Baronius wanted to exact vengeance, but he had no way of knowing where Cam lives, or how to track him down. So he decided to do the next best thing - diminish Cam's works through the net, and defame his character.

It was only after this incident that Cam became a changed man. He had a guilty conscience. He realized what he had done to his best friend. Yes, even though it happens to be a swindler like Baronius, it was still undeniably true that Baro was his buddy, his chum.. his only crony that he can confide in.

And so, this event changed Cam forever and turned him into a lawful good human, but sadly killed his friendship with Baro in the process.

Baronius never forgets and never forgave him ever since. He is still blood-thirsty for vengeance.

Hence the neverending attacks on the BG2 Fixpack.

------------------------------------------

So there you go, fellas. This is the real history. This is how it all began. As you can see, it has nothing to do with a computer game modification at all.

Some food for thought.......so who is the real villain here? Should Baronius let bygones be bygones? Can Cam redeem himself from this melodrama?

IMO, Baronius is only a victim of the circumstances. He is not to blame. Try to put yourself in his shoes, folks, and ask yourself how you would've reacted!

Then again, Cam is also now a completely changed human being. Can you hold him responsible for what he's done in the past, even though he's nothing like what he used to be?

All I know is that, I certainly wouldn't want to be in this dilemma. No sir. No sirree, Bob! :):band:

I posted this at BWL, how long before it gets deleted?

Theres something I still dont get though, Baronius and Sikret.

No one is forcing you to use BG2 Fixpack at all. No one. Not CamDawg, not me, not DavidW, not George Bush, not Nelson Mandela. You can explicitly state in any mod you like that Fixpack is not supported, anyone who wants to use your mod should remove it from their computer and never use it again if they plan to use your mod.

Is there a big problem with that? Is there a problem with letting Fixpack do what Fixpack does, and then you just do what you do? Why do you have to keep on attacking it? IA is explicitly incompatible with it, so why bother attacking it?

If you relied on Fixpack, and needed Fixpack, and depended on Fixpack, then perhaps you would, as a stakeholder, have a say in how it should be run. But because you obviously never use it, then perhaps just leave it alone? I think Apple products are overpriced and too restrictive, but I dont go telling my colleague his iPod was a big waste of money. I let him do what he wants, it doesnt affect me. How does Fixpack affect you?

I'm well aware that Fixpack makes some changes that you disagree with. But lets set out some facts:

1. Baldurs Gate 2 has problems that need fixing.

2. To fix those problems, some changes are needed.

3. Because of those changes, some mods that depend on things being broken, or at least different, may no longer work correctly.

Fixpack then, as I see it, has several options. They can

1. Do nothing.

2. Fix things as they see fit.

3. Fix things as you see fit (which, some might argue, is very similar to 1.).

Now, I prefer 2. I understand that, as BG2 can be a heated issue for some, some changes can be controversial. But surely Camdawg et al have the right to decide what goes into their mod, and what doesnt? It is their mod after all. It may be used by the public at large, but at the end of the day it is still produced by people who have a right to do what they like. Conversely, BG2 players have a right to NOT use it, or use it if they will. Also, mod makers have the right to support it, or not support it. Given that, I dont see why you have a problem. They could, if they wanted to, turn Irenicus into a 18/22 Mage/Cleric. Doesnt mean anybody is forced to use their mod, doesnt mean anybody is forced to play with Irenicus as a Mage/Cleric.

The thing to remember is that, despite its stated purpose (to fix things), it is still a mod. Thus, it is NOT compulsory for anyone to use. Should I rip on IA, even though I dont use it? Would you think that was fair? Should I criticize IA for not being compatible with my favourite mods, for "breaking" things? I dont see any difference in the two activities.

As for testing... Sikret, are you volunteering to donate the much needed hours to testing? Camdawg et al dont work for free, its unreasonable to expect testing, just as its unreasonable to expect everyone to use it. If you dont like it, dont use it. Testing is definitely worth doing in a software development environment, but it takes a lot of time, something that these guys, who give their time for free, dont have too much of. If you dont like the fact that it is not tested before being released, are you willing to do anything about it? Or are you just going to complain about it and not use it?

EDIT: This just in, a response to my post.

We are not attacking it, we are stating plain facts. Since the developers of BG2 fixpack use their propaganda/brainwashing machine to deceive players, it's our duty to enlighten players that what they say is not true.

You cant make this stuff up. Brainwash, propaganda, deceive - its a conspiracy theory! Let me guess - Camdawg secretly works for Microsoft, and he is trying to make BG2 as broken as he can to get people to buy new games! That must be it!

Archived