Offtopic Anvil Discussion

the bigg

Sir Carnifex:

What you said about bad-mannered kids hits right on. My post was merely pointing out that he is participating in something that is essentially the same as what he was "opposing". I do think that some few are serious in ridiculing, but really, since it's done in the G3 thread, all it does is lower the reputation of the forum that permits such nonsense to go on. That is why I chose to come to BWL in the first place. I checked out the forums and I found several of them to be severely lacking in certain areas (in fact, a link in either G3 or PPG is what brought me here ).

Actually it's not the individual that bothers me (I've dealt with tons of that type online already in countless numbers) but rather the fact that these days those types are becoming more and more prolific. The anonymity of the internet doesn't help matters either. Basically, any type of manners are going *Fwwtttt* down the drain. But that's another topic.

First, get off your goddamn high horse and get your facts straight.

It was your Hungarian overlord that chose to mention my name in his rant against the world. Yet, when I respond in kind, *I'm* the bad-mannered one? :) Of course, now that the pathetic despicable, coward deleted his own thread out of embarassment, I can't even prove this.

You mentioned 23 pages of slander/ridicule? Sure, but if one were dig up every such post in every thread (INCLUDING the deleted ones) in every forum over the last few years by your communist hero, János Kádár, you can a write a fucking book based on them. Don't try and feign ignorance to this fact, because we all know it's true.

The fact that this loser spends his time worrying about how another mod is 'promoted' and 'marketed', and lives an envious life over how many hits and visitor count a mod gets is enough to convince me he does not deserve to be taken seriously himself. EVERY FUCKING THREAD has to somehow involve the G3 fixpack. So how about you take your own advice and direct it to your BWL god?

Come on lets leave TheBaron alone. He is always being picked on. He is the perfect example of an awesome admin who knows how to run his site. Hell even Stalin would admire him. Except when it comes to purges and making things vanish, they happen to be threads/posts. :)

how many hits and visitor count a mod gets
This kind of came out of nowhere? I see it, but I don't understand where it's coming from.

Nobody but Cam actually knows the traffic details, and we don't exactly advertise or make any sort of overt effort to announce (Caedwyr rose to the occasion of his own volition in years past, bless him, but we weren't exactly going out of our way to, um... well, care or anything), unless you refer to the signature some members have (and really, the infrequency of postings by anybody involved with the project kind of makes that moot). And I can unequivocally state that website hits or number of downloads has provided zero motivation to anyone I know who's worked on the project.

But who knows.

But I think we can all agree that the mod(erator)s here at G3 are pretty awesome. This thread hasn't been perma-locked and as far as I know, nobody involved has been banned.
I'm still peeved about the temp lock. Totally uncalled for. Who thinks you're going to cool anything down by putting a lid on it, hmm?
And I can unequivocally state that website hits or number of downloads has provided zero motivation to anyone I know who's worked on the project.

I don't doubt that, but according to him, and I think you know this already, the mods here (and other perceived anti-BWL sites) are intentionally filled with bugs so its authors can quickly get a subsequent version out, thus improving visitor counts / hits, gaining popularity / reputation, blah blah blah...

The best part was when he said the people here abuse weidu in order to increase their reputation. :D

What a naive simpleton. That's like a lowly peasant looking at a successful, educated man and saying, "well, he only abused his education in order to be successful." :party::laugh:

It's all just sour grapes.

(Although I still think, as pointed out earlier, it may also have to do with Cam having Mrs. Baronius examine his exhaust pipe.) :beer: :beer: :7up:

Fraudonius:

A strong personality doesn't need such things. Doesn't need to flee and retreat to his nest to prepare for a new attack.

I remember seeing a good 'pot-calling-kettle-black' picture somewhere, but can't be arsed to look for it.

So is this why you decided to bravely run back to BWL where you feel safe in the comfort of your admin commands instead of responding to posts here? :beer:

Is this why you decided to ban TheWizard without giving any explanation in advance (it may be true that he exposed you for what you are - a money laundering thief - but still that doesn't mean a ban is deserved)?

Strong personality, my ass! :band::bday:

However, trolls and gnolls (e.g. that pal at G3 with the laughing Muttley avatar, forgot his exact nick, he used to be an IA player) are a special subcategory. They need constant attention and need to feel important, because in the reality, they can't be important anywhere. On the other hand, in the internet, they can get attention and feel themselves to be important.

:bday::beer:

That's funny, Janos, because I seem to recall YOU calling my name out. So whenever I choose to respond and defend myself, I'm the one having the need to feel important? :beer:

Idiot.

Who really felt the need to be important and start a worthless, nonsensical topic and call every name in the book only to end up deleting said thread (not to mention wasting the time and energy of those who responded to your garbage)? :beer:

But this would also be another topic.

Of course, we all know you're renowned for staying on topic. Right, Janos? :)

Fraudonius:

We believed that the thread 'Baronius believes modding has become a "business"' might tempt trolls so the best was to take any public access to it

:laugh::D

Yes, keep convincing yourself that. (EDIT: so why don't you delete this UB thread too while you're at it? After all, didn't it provoke the same reaction? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the deleted thread made you look like the laughing stock you are?)

The real question is, why would I even want to post in your flea-ridden, rat-infested, ass-backwards, sewage of a forum?

Why should I even give you the privilege of banning me? :party:

And what part of

That's funny, Janos, because I seem to recall YOU calling my name out. So whenever I choose to respond and defend myself, I'm the one having the need to feel important?'

did you not understand? Should I translate that sentence to Hungarian, or are you just simply retarded?

The fact is, you're a lying, degenerate swindler that has a sick fetish over how much popularity and attention some game module gets. Your life basically revolves around this. If your site remains a failure, how is it anyone else's fault? Why does that mean you should try to bring others down?

And the most amazing thing is that, under the guise of attacking me, you're still trying to pass of as if you're somehow benefitting the community, when you'll no doubt be dragging the g3 fixpack into unnecessary topics in the future over and over and over... till the day you croak.

If you were serious about helping and benefitting the community yourself, you would NEVER mention the fixpack in any more threads (unless people specifically asked for your opinion on it). Are you willing to hold up to that statement?

Exactly. You wouldn't. Because you're just as much (if not more) of a troll as you're accusing me.

Inferiority complex indeed. :)

----------------------------------------

I have corrected several typos and accidently incorrectly used words in the above post. If something hasn't been clear for you, dear reader, I ask you to re-read the post. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks to those who drew my attention to the typos and flaws.

Translation:

"Instead of doing a silent edit (which I'm always guilty of), at least this time, I had the cojones to come out and openly admit I edited my post."

Anyway, forget it, I'm not reading through that trash again. There isn't going to be any "extraordinary revelation" in that sea of filth. Either post a reply, or STFU. :band:

Jab:

These threads are just hatcheries for trolls. Give it up Baronius. ;-)

As I said to the other guy, don't jump to conclusions. If someone responds to insults thrown by the BWL effigy, they (the insultee) are the ones that should be labelled trolls? If you say yes, I don't think you really understand the meaning of the word 'troll'. You might have missed the thread that was deleted by the crooked, swindling shiester, otherwise you would not be saying for that.

Keep in mind that because he's deleted his own thread it's making me look like I'm the one that started this trolling. As I said, I can't prove this. It's too bad I don't have a copy of it.

Fraudonius:

Every single thing you say reeks of hypocrisy. For example,

This is about principles, not popularity.

So is that why you kept going on and on about other sites/mods' reputation, visitor count, download hits... ? And now that I remember it, why is there a stickied, thread titled "More than 10,000 downloads" if you don't really care about popularity? :):laugh::)

Just because there is a thread at G3 where some bored people (and those who need attention to feel important) tell some bad things?

So, since you obviously don't need attention to feel important, why did you call my name out? WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MENTION MY NAME?

Surely, unlike me, you're too mature and grown up for all this nonsense, right? ???

Since we have no commercial interest in this (I wonder if the developers of G3 FP have)

laughatyounb9.gif

Now this is just laughably stupid. Let me quote an infamous adage. Does this ring any bell?

However, even if it's profitable, why not? No one would be so stupid not trying to make money from a site when it's possible.

Check mate. jester2sh2.gifjester2sh2.gif

Guest Guest_Ardanis_*
As I said, I can't prove this. It's too bad I don't have a copy of it.
How about 500$ for a copy? "No one would be so stupid not trying to make money from a site when it's possible" after all
Guest Guest_Ardanis_*

Royalties were too high :laugh:

Seriously, it was a drawn sword in a conflict that was later solved in good manner. Being troublemaker out of boredom isn't my style, I rather to watch than actively participate in such things.

As I said to the other guy, don't jump to conclusions. If someone responds to insults thrown by the BWL effigy, they (the insultee) are the ones that should be labelled trolls? If you say yes, I don't think you really understand the meaning of the word 'troll'. You might have missed the thread that was deleted by the crooked, swindling shiester, otherwise you would not be saying for that.

Keep in mind that because he's deleted his own thread it's making me look like I'm the one that started this trolling. As I said, I can't prove this. It's too bad I don't have a copy of it.

Fortunately I have this thread to consider, who is the real troll here. In here, you are the one, who is calling names, who is vulgar. So sorry..., your opinion can't be relevant to me.

I can't say, that I agree with Baronius in every respect. And I think, that BG 2 fixpack a BG 2 UB are great mods. On the other hand it seems, that he is partially right. These mods may have conflicts with other mods. So the "core fixes" column should be shorter. But of course it's all about the definition of "bug".

Archived