Can the IWD tweak pack be installed in the middle of a game?

Guest Cliftor

I just realized that it existed, but I'm already in chapter 4. It'd be nice, though, for them to realize I freed Mother Egenia, and to get rid of that annoying blur effect from the shimmering sash.

I see, thanks. I'm afraid I don't know enough about the engine or the savegame architecture to figure it out on my own: what sorts of tweaks would take affect and what others wouldn't? Again, I'd appreciate any help or guidance you can give.

Areas and stores are stored in the save games, so any fixes or tweaks for those won't take effect if you've already visited the area or store. Others are harder to predict--items definitely, creatures, scripts and dialogues more than likely. The script and dialogue caveat is mainly because if they've been altered to check (or set) a variable differently and they've already run, you won't see changes for them.

Hmm... sounds like I shouldn't bother then.

Although, I COULD backup my save, try it out anyway, see what happens, and if all hell breaks loose I can always reinstall.

However, I've survived this long despite all the little glitches and without cosmetic or gameplay conveniences. In the absence of anything game-breaking I can just forget about it and keep playing.

Archived