How goes this MOD

GoblinCookie

I used to frequent here, but now I have been playing my character, Amio through BG2 for a while.

How has this MOD been, has anything new been released and more importantly how do I know what version I have, to see if I have to install a more advanced version.

I am just interested beacause eventually I will finish ToB and I have a Lawful Neutral Kensai called Sendalis lined up.

I don't know. There is no way I could have version 14, if it was only brought out September 18 2007, which wasn't long ago.

But my log says.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for Version 14, September 18, 2007
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #35 //  -> 
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #40 //  -> 
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #45 //  -> 
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #47 //  -> 
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #48 //  -> 
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #51 // ??? -> 
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #52 // ??? -> 
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #54 // ??? -> 
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues
~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Correct various errors on race, class etc
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Faster Bears
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Allow Yeslick to use axes
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #21 // Smarter general AI
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #22 // Better calls for help
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #23 // Potions for NPCs
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #24 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #28 // Smarter mages
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Mages pre-cast defensive spells
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #32 // Smarter priests
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #33 // Priests pre-cast defensive spells
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #34 // Smarter deployment
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #35 // Harder giant and phase spiders
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #36 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #37 // Smarter sirines and dryads
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #38 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #39 // Smarter basilisks
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Improved doppelgangers
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #41 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #42 // Relocated bounty hunters
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #43 // Improved Ulcaster
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #44 // Improved Balduran's Isle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #45 // Improved Durlag's Tower
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #46 // Improved Demon Cultists
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #47 // Improved miscellaneous encounters
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #48 // Tougher chapter-two end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #49 // Tougher chapter-three end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Tougher chapter-four end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #51 // Tougher chapter-five end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #52 // Tougher chapter-six end battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #53 // Improved final battle
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #56 // Remove blur effect from displacer cloak
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #57 // Stackable ankheg shells and winterwolf pelts
~SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu
~PLASMOBG1BG2/PLASMOBG1BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Plasmocat's BG1 NPC Portraits in BG2 Style
~PLASMOBG1BG2/PLASMOBG1BG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Plasmocat's BG1 Imoen Portraits -> Plasmocat's BG1 NPC Choices: Imoen #2 BG1 (Pink with Necklace)
~PLASMOBG1BG2/PLASMOBG1BG2.TP2~ #0 #4 // Plasmocat's BG1 Xzar Portraits -> Plasmocat's BG1 NPC Choices: Xzar #2 BG1 Colors (green)
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #7 // Walking Speeds

But I ran the dowloader file, it said I had already installed version 14, but is that beacause I didn't get rid of an earlier version or something?

I am really confused. ?????????

When you extract a mod archive (the one that you download), it replaces the mod files with the new ones. When you run the setup-mymod.exe, it installs those new files. But it uninstalls the old ones first.

That's why you saw that it was uninstalling version 14, even though you just downloaded it.

Did you have a previous version installed first? If so, you should have uninstalled it manually before installing BG1 NPC. If you did have a previous version, which one was it? If it was a version prior to version 12, you might have some difficulties.

With any luck, cmorgan will check in here soon, and will help answer any other questions you might have. I'm not going anywhere, but he's better versed in installation issues than I am.

Ah. Now we're definitely going to have to wait for cmorgan to weigh in on this.

For anyone who might be reading this thread who has an earlier version of BG1 NPC installed, please follow the instructions in the readme. You should uninstall all prior versions of BG1 NPC before installing version 14.

But maybe there's something cmorgan can recommend to help you carry on.

Nope -

you may have fallen for what all of us do at some point; just following through with habit instead of actually looking at the warning screens you are dismissing ;)

The first page of the bg1npc-v14.exe, which is usually the licensing agreement, has a specific warning, and directions on what to do, all carefully listed out step by step. These include:

Installation Note

The BG1 NPC Project should be installed to your Baldur's Gate II game folder after the Tutu or BGT conversion.

Please note that versions prior to v12 will need to be completely uninstalled prior to installing v12 or later. We apologize for the inconvenience. Make sure you have:

1. Uninstalled all prior versions of BG1 NPC from your game,

2. Deleted the folder BG1 NPC from your installation folder,

3. Looked online at the ReadMe to determine what this mod does, and

4. Then loaded up this mod and are reading this screen for the second time.

If you miss this set of instructions, it repeats specific warnings in the readme, which actually pops up first now; all previous versions must be completely uninstalled before using the new version.

This program will decompress files and launch the setup program for you. If you already have version 14 installed please run Setup-BG1NPC.exe, found in your game folder, to reinstall, uninstall or otherwise change components.

Please select the destination folder for install. This should be your Tutu or BGT game folder. For Tutu v4 or BGT, this is probably Black Isle\BGII - SoA. For EasyTutu, this is probably Black Isle\BaldursGateTutu.

If you use third-party programs to remove files from the .exe, you need (again) to get rid of the old ones first, in the above manner, because otherwise you will end up with the program adding a set of conflicting files to your install (we renamed, moved things, moved to a .tra version, integrated the timers).

Think of it this way. We didn't do an oil change; we tore out the engine and put a complete rebuild in.

At this point, the safest thing to do is hop over to PPG and get their "instant clean BG / BG2 EasyTutu" packages. If you are running EasyTutu, just follow thier directions and get a clean install, then redownload BG1NPC-v14.exe, and reinstall it. You might even check out some stuff on the State of the Tutu Modding Uninon thread here in general discussion, to see what else might be fun.

If you are running Tutu v4, you need to start over - clean everything out, reinstall BG2, and start from Ground Zero.

And to repeat, just so everyone is very clear:

if you install v14 over *any* previous version, without first uninstalling and removing previous versions, very strange and freakish things will happen with your game install. Really, really wierd stuff.

It's safer if you just proceed with your installed version, really. V14 has a few fixes(Jaheira's quest worked, then stopped working, now works again, a few banters were looping, staff like that), BGT support, two small NPC quests(Xan's and Tiax's), a small new component which allows you to decrease your reputation for money, and a few new lovetalks for Xan. That's it.

But I ran the dowloader file, it said I had already installed version 14, but is that beacause I didn't get rid of an earlier version or something?

If you have weidu.lock file in your Tutu directory, delete it.

If you have BG1 NPC installed, it's safer just to proceed with your game. If you really, really want v14, uninstall BG1 NPC, delete BG1 NPC folder, then unpack and install v14 from G3.

Well, at this point, his WeiDU log says otherwise.

It shows a partial reinstall of v14.

So whether or not he wants to, unless he has a backup, there will be problems with dialog.tlk differences, variables that have been renamed, etc.

Of course, you an always figure this out for yourself, GoblinCookie, and continue play with your saved game until strange things start happening. Then, the answer to fix things will be "go back to the beginning, clean out your install, reinstall a clean version of v14, and play - and if the bug shows up again, please report it" ;)

Archived