ConTEXT to turn into shareware or worse?

the bigg

Rabain: I don't remember exactly, (it's been a while), but all I remember is that I had to go with a style that didn't allow line break (wrap?), so for a paragraph I would have to scroll 3 km to the right, because with the line break there were false line breaks displayed in the game.

That's really weird because I think one of the main reasons people use editors like context is so they can turn wordwrap on and not worry about things like that.

Wordwrap when it is On will display the line on multiple lines depending on the size of the window so you never have to scroll to see full line.

I've never had an issue with line breaks (carraige returns?) in context...strange.

Anyway have fun!

You could try PSPad (link in my signature - even converted the WeiDU ConText highlighters at the time). I found it to be more robust than either Crimson or ConTEXT (and it's freeware). I just use EditPad if I feel I don't need all the fancy features though (which is usually). It has word wrap and all that stuff and makes Notepad/Wordpad look like the pieces of crap they are.

There's always PFE...

Seriously, all of this presupposes anybody really cares enough about one of a zillion text editors in order to buy it and do something "unfriendly" with it.

I'll put forward that I think the most likely outcome is that nothing at all happens.

Second most likely is that some well-meaning but not-up-to-the-task soul buys it and says "Okay, everybody, I'm the new boss of this program but we're going to keep everything the same except for all the great changes I'm going to make!" and then nothing at all happens.

1. You can always use the old version you already got used to. Nobody will take it from you, or even block you from share it with your friends.

2. There are dozens of text editors which can do syntax highlighting, and which will stay free as in beer and as in speech. I use both vim and pspad.

Archived