IWD2 tweakpack: necessary?

Guest Cliftor

It doesn't seem to add many actual fixes if I read the readme right, but after playing IWD I just wanted to be sure.

See, I should have known better. I knew all about the mod scene and had had fun with it before; so why didn't I have the presence of mind to check if IWD had some mods or tweaks too? So I installed it and played and while I loved it ALOT, I was constantly annoyed by some of the more obvious and intrusive broken triggers and variables failing to initiate. They never recognized I rescued the Mother. The Kuldahareans kept on about the Orog attack several chapters after the fact. Geullo wouldn't act as if I had done what he asked, and so on.

So I check, and low and behold there's a tweak pack that fixes all of these and more. But it was too late to enjoy it because the fixes wouldn't have affected my already in-progress game. IWD is still the best dungeon crawl I've ever played, but if all these headaches had been gone I'd have rocketed it ahead into my top 10 alongside BG2. I mean, the story and characters were actually fun, good and otherwise wellscripted, but these bugs broke the immersion.

I just don't want the same thing to happen to me in IWD2.

Ok, first I'd like to apologize for the double post.

Also, since I love IE and it's modding community, and since I plan to be here in the future anyway, I went ahead and registered. In addition to other benefits, it might help prevent such another annoying mistakes in the future.

Guest EarthquakeDamage
Double post fixed.

IWD2EoU doesn't install because the install script of a part of it was coded in a way and then Weimer decided to change the way that portion should be coded. Hence, it isn't possible to install that without manual tweaking. See http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,21731.0.html for an how-to.

So why doesn't someone ask Weimer to post a fixed TP2? If he doesn't want to fix it himself you can send him a fixed version yourself to offer with an additional note along the lines of "this fix is unofficial and unsupported."

So why doesn't someone ask Weimer to post a fixed TP2? If he doesn't want to fix it himself you can send him a fixed version yourself to offer with an additional note along the lines of "this fix is unofficial and unsupported."

Weimer's gone, and won't be returning. He's pretty amenable to giving folks permission to fork or update his projects (or assimilating them, as in the case of EoU and BG2 Tweaks). It's really a matter of no one having the time to do anything about it really, and I know Domi has been "encouraging" me to do just this for a while now. :thumbsup: bigg's busy with WeiDU and other projects, as am I.

Weimer's gone, and won't be returning. He's pretty amenable to giving folks permission to fork or update his projects (or assimilating them, as in the case of EoU and BG2 Tweaks). It's really a matter of no one having the time to do anything about it really, and I know Domi has been "encouraging" me to do just this for a while now. :thumbsup: bigg's busy with WeiDU and other projects, as am I.

Actually, thanks to a technology upgrade WeiDU 202 should parse IWD2EoU 'as is', withotu the need for me or you to edit that :)

Really? So if I go download WeiDu 202 and Weimers mods and try it out, it should work?

If so, I'll be glad to take the plunge and be a lab-rat. I'd rather take a risk I understand rather than play the game in fear glitches like in IWD1... if ONLY I had known about G3 IWD1Tweakpack...

EDIT: Oh, 202 is not ready yet, latest is 201... I'll just wait patiently, and offer my guinea pig skills later.

Archived