Amber Bugs: kidnapping and Imoen romance confilct

Guest Mumme

We started a multiplayer-game (with two players) and amber was romancing the 2nd PC. Amber was kidnapped, but Amber doesn't appear in the area M#Ar01. I cleared the cache and replayed the ymmyrt-fight, but Amber doesn't appear. I checked the variables: M#AmberKidnap is 6 before the fight with Ymmyrt, 7 after the fight and 8 when I leave M#Ar05.

Is there a chance to get back Amber by CLUA or Shadowkeeper ? I don't want to restart the game .... :thumbsup:

I found an other issue in a single-player game related to the imoen romance: After leaving the underdark there is an infinite loop between Imoen and Amber. Imoen restarts the dialog: "Yeah, something up, Amber?" over and over. This dialog usually starts when a NPC initialize an dialog with Imoen. I can kick Amber out of the Party, but the dialog still starts until I leave the area or Amber is out of sight. When Amber joins the Party again, the dialog starts again.

Any help?

We started a multiplayer-game (with two players) and amber was romancing the 2nd PC. Amber was kidnapped, but Amber doesn't appear in the area M#Ar01. I cleared the cache and replayed the ymmyrt-fight, but Amber doesn't appear. I checked the variables: M#AmberKidnap is 6 before the fight with Ymmyrt, 7 after the fight and 8 when I leave M#Ar05.

Is there a chance to get back Amber by CLUA or Shadowkeeper ? I don't want to restart the game .... :thumbsup:

Can I get a copy of your savegame? You can send it to amber@weho.net

I found an other issue in a single-player game related to the imoen romance: After leaving the underdark there is an infinite loop between Imoen and Amber. Imoen restarts the dialog: "Yeah, something up, Amber?" over and over. This dialog usually starts when a NPC initialize an dialog with Imoen. I can kick Amber out of the Party, but the dialog still starts until I leave the area or Amber is out of sight. When Amber joins the Party again, the dialog starts again.

Any help?

I'll have to check that out.

EDIT: You say Imoen initiates the banter with "Heya! What's up Amber?"? Does the dialogue continue normally with Amber's line or does it terminate there? I can't see anything wrong with the banter on my side (and it shouln't start with Imoen's line anyway). Have you installed Imoen Romance before or after Amber?

CHAIN
IF ~InParty("Imoen2")
!StateCheck("Imoen2",STATE_SLEEPING)
!StateCheck("Imoen2",STATE_HELPLESS)
!StateCheck("Imoen2",STATE_STUNNED)
!StateCheck("Imoen2",STATE_SILENCED)
Global("M#AmberImoenTalk","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN BM#AMBER AmberImoenTalk3
@1072 /* @1072 = ~Imoen?~ */
DO ~SetGlobal("M#AmberImoenTalk","GLOBAL",6)
RealSetGlobalTimer("M#AmberImoenTalkTime","GLOBAL",2000)~
== IMOEN2J
@1073 /* @1073 = ~Heya! What's up Amber?~ */
== BM#AMBER
@1074 /* @1074 = ~What was it that happened in Irenicus' dungeon? Or in Spellhold? You never talk about it, but every time someone mentions Irenicus or Bodhi you get that look in your eyes...~ */
== IMOEN2J
@1075 /* @1075 = ~Well, I just hate being locked up... I bet you can understand that, Amber. I don't really feel like digging into those memories right now. It's rather dull and uninteresting anyway. Let's figure out something else to do, instead.~ */
== BM#AMBER
@1076 /* @1076 = ~As you wish.~ */
EXIT

No, I speak about an other dialog. This is the response of Imoen when the PC or NPC initialize a talk to Imoen (by using the talk-button in the game).

This is the code in imoendia.d from the Imoen roamnce:

// ****************************************************************************************************
// 900
// *** Talking directly to Imoen ***

APPEND IMOEN2J
IF WEIGHT #999
~HPPercentGT("Imoen2",95)
!Global("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
!IsGabber("Imoen2")~
THEN BEGIN SelfIni0
SAY @4815 

<lots of code snipped>

IF ~~ THEN REPLY @4825 GOTO MRScriptFix

<lots of code snipped>

IF ~~ THEN REPLY @4829 GOTO FIXMRDialogueExitMR

and from imoendia.tra:

@4815 = ~Yeah? Something up, <GABBER>?~
@4825 = ~Imoen, you've been a little quiet lately...~
@4829 = ~Nah, nothing...~

I can end the dialog normally, however the dialog restarts imadiately. I don't know, whether this problem is caused by Amber or by Imoen. However, all is well when Amber is not in the party (but I want to discover the Imoen-Amber romance conflict ... :thumbsup: ). PerhapsI should contact the author of the Imoen romance, but maybe you have some hints what may cause this conflict?

I will send you the two savegames and my weidu.log

Oh, I think I now understand where the problem is. Imoen's click-talk misses the IsGabber(Player1) condition. That's why any NPC whose banters with Imoen are located after Imoen's click talks in her dialogue file will be caught in the same loop. Not just Amber.

Currently the loop is caused by Amber trying to initiate a talk with Imoen. But because Imoen's click-talk has insufficient conditions, it is triggered instead of Amber's banter to Imoen. I can't really do anything about that, sorry. It's possible that the problem could be avoided by altering the order in which you have installed the mods. However that depends on how Imoen Romance (and Amber) uses weights in banter coding. I'd recommend asking the creator of Imoen romance to update the mod, if it's still supported.

Thanks for your help, Meira. Ok, I will contact Mirrabbo.

But I'm wondering, why this happen now, because there were already dialogs between Amber and Imoen and all was fine...

Keeping Imoens HP under 95% will not help because another dialog exists for HP between 70 and 95% ... :thumbsup:

If it is Amber but the problem is the order (i.e. Amber-Imoen dialogue below Imoen's PID), weighting the relevant dialogue might also be an option.

But since there were already dialogues between Amber and Imoen that went fine I wouldn't know why some Amber-Imoen dialogues should be above and others below the Imoen's mod PIDs.

If it's not the order, it's a non-matching trigger condition (A dialogue wants to be triggered, but the conditions in the dialogue file don't match, so the PID option pops up since it's the last in the file).

Question is, which mod it is that tries to let Imoen speak something in this case.

If it's not the order, it's a non-matching trigger condition (A dialogue wants to be triggered, but the conditions in the dialogue file don't match, so the PID option pops up since it's the last in the file).

Question is, which mod it is that tries to let Imoen speak something in this case.

This might be an explanation. Probably Imoen tries to talk to Amber, because Imoen moves towards Amber and than the dialog starts. But, I thought the Amber-Mod is not taken into account in the imoen-romance. So what dialog should be started by Imoen?

Me:

Currently the loop is caused by Amber trying to initiate a talk with Imoen.

Ooops, I meant the other way around. Imoen tries to initiate talk with Amber. :thumbsup:

If it is Amber but the problem is the order (i.e. Amber-Imoen dialogue below Imoen's PID), weighting the relevant dialogue might also be an option.

But since there were already dialogues between Amber and Imoen that went fine I wouldn't know why some Amber-Imoen dialogues should be above and others below the Imoen's mod PIDs.

Amber has differently weighted banters. Some go to the end of the file and others to the top. In the Amber mod Imoen has two banters that go to the end of her file (of which one is there intentionally and the other might be our culprit here). However, weighting dosn't help if Imoen Romance is installed after Amber and and if Imoen's PID goes to the top of the file.

This might be an explanation. Probably Imoen tries to talk to Amber, because Imoen moves towards Amber and than the dialog starts. But, I thought the Amber-Mod is not taken into account in the imoen-romance. So what dialog should be started by Imoen?

As far as I know Amber is not taken into account by Imoen romance. Can you tell me the value of M#AmberImoenTalk GLOBAL variable?

M#AmberImoenTalk is 7

Okay, then it's probably not the weighting that can solve the issue since the talk coming up is set to have WEIGHT #-1

CHAIN
IF WEIGHT #-1 ~InParty("M#Amber")
!StateCheck("M#Amber",STATE_SLEEPING)
!StateCheck("M#Amber",STATE_HELPLESS)
!StateCheck("M#Amber",STATE_STUNNED)
!StateCheck("M#Amber",STATE_SILENCED)
Global("M#AmberImoenTalk","GLOBAL",7)~ THEN IMOEN2J AmberImoenTalk4

Your quick and dirty way out of this is to set M#AmberImoenTalk to 10. You'll miss two talks, but at least they'll stop repeating the same lines. I don't think that I can do a lot about it in the future, though. It would be really good if Mirrabbo could add IsGabber(Player1) to Imoen's PIDs. Unless his intention is that any PC or NPC can strike up a conversation with Imoen.

Amber is installed after Imoen (in fact Amber is installed last). I sent you my savegames and the weidu.log yesterday.

Thanks, I'll try to check those out tomorrow, but it might be Friday, seeng that the time is now 3.30 am. :thumbsup:

I set M#AmberImoenTalk to 10 but this doesn't help. Now I'm sure the proplem is caused by Imoen. If the ImoenRomance counter drops to 1 the problem disappear.

Furthermore, the banter seems to be initiated by Imoen: Imoen goes to Amber, not Amber to Imoen; and when I kick Amber out of the party, Imoen still tries to talk to Amber and Amber has an InParty()-condition in the dialogs.

I will wait for an answer of Lord Mirrabo.

But why would Imoen try to talk to Amber (and not to a Bio-NPC or the Protagonist)? :thumbsup: I'll download the Imoen romance and see what dialogue triggers are used in it.

BTW I don't think that I got your savegame. Can you try to re-send it? <amber@welho.net>

Archived