Dynaheir and Drizzt v14

Guest fizyx

Guest Beelzenomen

cmorgan,

I've sent a response to your email address.

The dialogue I get from Drizzt upon meeting him the first time is:

"Drizzt - You there! Will you help a stranger in need? I am beset by gnolls!

1:- Fear not, we will not stand aside while another is in peril.

2:- This is not my concern and I would rather be elsewhere. Fight your own battles."

Now, I choose #1 because I want Drizzt to be happy with me. If I choose #2, I get three more dialogue options, one is an agreement to help him, another is telling Drizzt he's on his own, and the last of which essentially challenges Drizzt to a fight (upon which I die).

When I choose 1, Drizzt says:

"Drizzt - The fight is joined, and I welcome your aid. Tiresome beasts these gnolls are, and I'll be glad to be done with them!"

Then we kill the gnolls. When all the gnolls are dead, Drizzt wanders to the side. When I engage him in conversation again, he says:

"Drizzt - Well met! I am Drizzt Do'Urden, and I appreciate your assistance. It is a long enough trip to the Icewind Dale, even without these constant interruptions. I should like to converse with you a while, friend, but I've places I must be. A pleasure meeting you."

Then he leaves. I can't engage him in conversation once he gives me that last bit of dialogue.

Guest Beelzenomen

Again, sorry for the double post, guests can't edit posts.

I am in Chapter 4, I wonder if the relative lateness in the game that I've encountered Drizzt is why he doesn't ask additional questions?

Hey! I just now had the exact same problem, Drizzt says the exact same line 'Well met! I am Drizzt Do'Urden, and I appreciate your assistance. It is a long enough trip to the Icewind Dale, even without these constant interruptions. I should like to converse with you a while, friend, but I've places I must be. A pleasure meeting you' and leaves. Never anything about the old 'bandit problems' dialogue. What is the problem?

Is this a bug, mod conflic, or normal? Any CLUA code to fix this? I have the old version v12 BTW.

To tell you the truth, I don't know yet - I have not had this come up. I believe Kulyok had a similar error on the install, but three other testers did not, so we marked it as a possible local error and I have been watching it -

Anyone who is having this problem, who can decompile and send me their _DRIZZT.DLG file, with the component installed (plus your WeiDU.log) I would be very grateful. I want to check to make sure that chapter checks in BGT and regular stuff in EasyTutu are working correctly.

This is my Weidu file:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Potion Graphics

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)

~BW_HERBS/SETUP-BW_HERBS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Herbs and Potions Add-in (BG1 / BG1Tutu / BGT) v1.0.1 by Baronius

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)

~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BG1TUTU edition v1.10 -> Normal edition

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for v12

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // Romance Timers -> Dynaheir's Romance Speed (30 minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // Romance Timers -> Xan's Romance Speed (30 minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // Romance Timers -> Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed (30 minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #37 // Romance Timers -> Branwen's Romance Speed (30 minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #42 // Romance Timers -> Ajantis' Romance Speed (30 minutes)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #47 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location. -> Alora Starts in Gullykin.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #49 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #51 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location. -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #54 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Correct various errors on race, class etc

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Faster Bears

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Allow NPC pairs to separate

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Allow Yeslick to use axes

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Smarter general AI

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Better calls for help

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Potions for NPCs

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Smarter mages

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Mages pre-cast defensive spells

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #180 // Smarter priests

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Priests pre-cast defensive spells

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Smarter deployment

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Harder giant and phase spiders

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #220 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Smarter sirines and dryads

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #240 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #250 // Smarter basilisks

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #260 // Improved doppelgangers

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #270 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #280 // Relocated bounty hunters

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #290 // Improved Ulcaster

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Improved Balduran's Isle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Improved Durlag's Tower

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #320 // Improved Demon Cultists

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #330 // Improved miscellaneous encounters

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #340 // Tougher chapter-two end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #350 // Tougher chapter-three end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #360 // Tougher chapter-four end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #370 // Tougher chapter-five end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #380 // Tougher chapter-six end battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #390 // Improved final battle

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #410 // Remove blur effect from displacer cloak

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #420 // Stackable ankheg shells and winterwolf pelts

~SETUP-FINCHNPCV3.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC for Tutu v3.0

~MUR'NETH.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Mur'Neth NPC mod for Baldur's Gate Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #90 // NPCs go to inns

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Assign a kit to Dynaheir? -> Dynaheir: Sorceror

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #14 // Assign a kit to Faldorn? -> Faldorn: Shapeshifter

How can I send my _DRIZZT.DLG file, I have found it in my override folder but it is tad long when opened with notepad.

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Assign a kit to Dynaheir? -> Dynaheir: Sorceror

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #14 // Assign a kit to Faldorn? -> Faldorn: Shapeshifter

Dynaheir's cre(and probably her script and dialogues) will be, and likely are messed up in your game, since you installed EasyTutuNPCKits after BG1 NPC Project. Don't do that.

I'd advise you to wipe out your override directory, restore a clean install(don't touch baldur.ini, though - I probably should delete it from the clean backup archive), and install the latest version of BG1 NPC Project. Also, installing NPC mods after SCS is not a good idea.

I know. NPC mods came out as a last moment install, sorry. :)

Hmm, I don't really think NPC kit mod bugged Dynaheir as all of her friendly banters and romance proceeded without any problem so far. So why this little quest? :)

If I do restore a clean install, my save games won't be compatible no longer, yes? I want to avoid it as for now, but I will obey the mod installation order step by step next time. (and avoid NPC kit mod)

I did a little testing. I uninstalled Dynaheir as a sorceress component. This time after killing gnolls, Drizzt had nothing to say, I never was able to start a dialogue. More alarming, I thought. So I reinstalled the component and tried again. It was the same 'Well met! I am Drizzt Do'Urden, and I appreciate your assistance. It is a long enough trip to the Icewind Dale, even without these constant interruptions. I should like to converse with you a while, friend, but I've places I must be. A pleasure meeting you' dialogue as before and he left.

Which mod puts this dialogue? Is it normal Bioware dialogue, which I think is, BUT I remember talking about bandits and asking for help from Drizzt, but he has raved about not crossing a Balor's gaze etc. in my previous, pure games. So why this dialogue is so trimmed right now? I understand it is not BG1 NPC mod doing this, so what? Kinda confused here.

IDEA:

This dialogue I get even adds a journal entry starting with 'I met Drizzt Do'urden today!' So this shows this is original Bioware dialogue? A condition is not met to have bandit dialogues? I was about to wander of to Cloakwood, have already cleaned the Bandits camp BTW. So, I think game knows that bandits are no longer a threat in the area and thus Drizzt does not talk about them. Is this assumption right? Is this original Bioware coding? Can someone check and confirm this? Beelzenomen and Kulyok, you are also in chapter 4, right? So maybe it is no bug or conflict, but original coding? Just a thought.

Any ideas?

I was right!

I did a little testing. In my exactly same installation.

Created a sorcerer anew, talked to Gorion and left Candlekeep.

Imoen joined and I CLUAConsoled to Area FW5100. (gnoll stronghold) Used CTRL+J to hop next to Dynaheir. Got her to my party, she asked about her journal as usual.

Then I CLUAConsoled to area FW4200. Leveled up my sorc via CLUA console so he got fireball. I rested. CTRLR J ed to gnoll+Drizzt area. Drizzt asked for help and I accepted. I fireballed the gnolls.

Then Drizzt started his usual, long dialogue about bandits, I wanted him to help me, he said his balor raving and left.

THEN...

..he instantly came back and told about the parchment he has found, at this point Dynaheir joined the dialogue and everything went smooth I think.

So. I now believe that our predicament is due to we are at chapter four, late for activating the quest. There is no mod conflict or bug for it worked without problems at chapter one. Cmorgan, can you please check and confirm if I am right or not?

I really cannot advise you here, I'm afraid: I never played Dyna's quest in v12. I know in V14 it happens just like it's written in the documentation, and when I tried testing it, with the exception of Bioware dialogue freaking out once(differently), it - probably - should work. But not V12, sorry.

Also, ATTENTION! to cmorgan and CamDawg:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/BG1NPCReadMe.html links to the old, v12, Readme.

I suspect the lack of dialogue options is due to having already wiped out the bandits, not a mod issue. But cmorgan is still looking into it. In the meantime, Silverstar, when I entered CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",1) and went into a neighboring area, Drizzt showed up and started the quest dialogues (see post 12). I've not run through the quest to make sure it's running correctly, but you might try that.

I am afreaid your fix, Beelzenomen, is only for v14 - I recoded the whole darned thing.

For v12 Beta3, there is not much of a workaround, I am afraid - but I will take a look. It sounds very much like you are right - there may be a second dialogue state that Drizzt says if you are post-chapter 3, in which case you found a *bug*!!! and I need to add the darned quest kickoff variable to a second dialogue state. I will investigate and see what is happening (tonight, if I get a chance).

(will forward info on readme to CamDawg tonight too if e doesn't see this first...)

Confirmed. I don't know how I missed this loophole, but I did.

If standard _DRIZZT.DLG (Tutu) and DRIZZT.DLG (BGT), there is an additional state that plays if the chapter is greater than 3 (Tutu) or 4 (BGT). It blocks the original full dialogue tree, presumably because by cleaning out the Bandit Camp, you have solved the Bandit Plague.

We need to extend the Dynaheir stuff with an extension of state 17, fired as this:

IF WEIGHT #4 ~Global("HelpDrizzt","GLOBAL",1)
Global("DrizztGnolls","GLOBAL",12)
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)
~ THEN BEGIN 17 // from:
 SAY ~Well met!  I am Drizzt Do'Urden, and I appreciate your assistance.  It is a long enough trip to the Icewind Dale, even without these constant interruptions.  I should like to converse with you a while, friend, but I've places I must be.  A pleasure meeting you.~ /* #88915 */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~IncrementGlobal("DrizztGnolls","GLOBAL",1)
EscapeArea()
~ JOURNAL ~I met Drizzt Do'Urden today!  He was quite a pleasant fellow, though I should probably think otherwise if I were ever on the wrong side of his blades.~ /* #76770 */ EXIT
END

Luckily, CamDawg just provided documentation on how to do this without breaking the state and extending the bottom, and the bigg just coded the same (but since I have forgotten both what it is called and how to use it, I will have to return Thursday with code).

In the meantime, I guess the answer for v14 is to set that variable manually after the Drizzt encounter, if you have already cleared the Bandit Camp.

Archived