Amaurea's Portrait Mod

Amaurea

Here's that BG1 list. Apologies to any who disagree with my characterizations. I made up this list before I even started writing Gavin, so it was a while ago

Ajantis: honorable, chivalrous, formal, no "shades of grey"

Alora: funloving party girl, very cheerful, "frosted flake"

Branwen: bipolar (banters are fun and flirty, romance is incredibly serious), (romanced) dramatic, serious, intense, (not romanced) flirty, not terribly serious

Coran: complicated, bold, adventurous, daring, great thirst for life, ladies' man

Dynaheir: clever, principled, formal, dignified

Edwin: sarcastic, arrogant, narcissistic

Eldoth: oily bastard, misogynistic

Faldorn: slightly cruel in a catlike kind of way, self-reliant, Shadow Druid

Garrick: gullible, friendly, admires art and beauty, not brave, but admires heroism

Imoen: chirpy, fun, clever, innocent but mischevious

Jaheira: bossy, know-it-all, shows Khalid a tender side, self-reliant

Kagain: crass, mercenary, calculating, self-serving, is honorable for a given value of honorable

Khalid: stuttering, timid, devoted, kind

Kivan: serious, passionate, sad

Minsc: loyal, simple, expansive, enthusiastic, and woe betide evil

Montaron: uncultured, manipulating, cruel, pragmatic

Quayle: conceited know-it-all with an overinflated ego

Safana: the consummate flirt, the kind of women other women would hate, if she weren't so supportive of them

Shar-Teel: rough, tough, and the opposite of feminine, hates men

Skie: spoiled noblewoman, pampered, whiny

Tiax: megalomaniac

Viconia: about the same as BG2

Xan: gloomy, depressive, self-centered

Xzar: mad scientist, warped, amiable, fascinated with body functions, curious,

Yeslick: honorable, uncomplicated, avuncular

I LOVE your pics Amaurea! The only thing that bugs me is the tops and sides of the head being cut too close. But that is only speaking for myself. I see these and say "Ooooh lovely! But dang I wish the top of his/her head was all there!"

That said these are lovely and I will definately use them!

Wow! Kudos to you, Amaurea, on a job well done!! Your portraits look absolutely gorgeous, I'm especially a great fan of the the first Anomen and the Haer'Dalis portraits. Kinda made me swoon... Hehe!

I'm definitely looking forward to your attempt to render Xan. I wish you much luck as I believe that it is quite difficult to do him justice! But the portraits you've already provided are already so marvelous!!...

Amaurea, this is a very interesting thread, as I was just thinking of a graphics mod that would include alternative portraits, better menu screens, and maybe other stuff like avatars, paperdolls, items on the ground etc.

If you are interested, do you want to partner up with me? I am very new to the community (though I've been playing BG for too many years to count) and I have noticed a lack of mods that alter BG graphics-wise and I really want to deliver a mod that would update the old game to look better. I love your Haerdalis portrait and I think it would be great if we could work together :)

BTW, this is an Edwin portrait I have made in preparation of graphics mod... :thumbsup:

edwingk5.th.jpg

I just checked out Jaheira on your site. Very nice. I must admit, I am a Jaheira fan. I really like the eyes on your interpretation. The only thing is, Jaheira has a deep voice. I'm having a little bit of a hard time imagining her voice with that face. I don't know how you would depict a deep voice in a portrait though (please don't give her a beard :) ). Still, she is beautiful and I would love to play with her ...err, that didn't come out right . :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see your next portrait, I'm really looking forward to Mazzy.

I just checked out Jaheira on your site. Very nice. I must admit, I am a Jaheira fan. I really like the eyes on your interpretation. The only thing is, Jaheira has a deep voice. I'm having a little bit of a hard time imagining her voice with that face. I don't know how you would depict a deep voice in a portrait though (please don't give her a beard :) ). Still, she is beautiful and I would love to play with her ...err, that didn't come out right . :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see your next portrait, I'm really looking forward to Mazzy.

I'm going to do another version of the same face without the scowl lines. I'm thinking that broadening her nose slightly and possibly changing her chin line will make her look like she has a deeper voice. I'll give it a try, at least!

And yet another yummy Anomen!

The first reminds me of Johnny Depp. Must be the look of mischeif. The second doesn't remind me of anybody, but makes me swoon, nonetheless. The third reminds me of Orlando Bloom.

I'll wait until you've got the whole BG2 cast done and then package that first, so folks don't have to wait until you've finished all the BG1 gang to start using your portraits. At least you can use some of the BG2 ones for BG1: Edwin, Jaheira, Imoen, Minsc, and Viconia.

That Jaheira is perfect, though I do acknowledge the need for an alternative for those who like her :thumbsup: But that's how I always imagined her, a permanent frown, whiny mouth and teary eyes.

So, could we get an alternative for Imoen for those who don't like her? :)

Aw, they're just options. You don't have to like an NPC to give them a pretty portrait. Besides, if you don't like an NPC, they likely won't be in your party, anyway. :thumbsup:

(Although Imoen is forcejoined at the beginning of both BG1 and BG2, you can drop her immediately.)

Archived