Yoshimo says: "Goodnight ladies" ?

dizzyorange

It's the multiplayer leaving dialogue. I don't know why, but your NPCs are treated as multiplayer characters. Looking at the P-dialogue, and the assignment in the tp2 won't help; it's in the cre settings somewhere. I had the problem when I created my NPC using multiplayer modus, but I just can't remember how I solved it. All I remember was that I nearly gone mad since P-dialogue was all there and attached and still it didn't get used.

Look at the cre file in NI, there must be some value set to a multiplayer value / script / dialogue or whatever.

if you haven't deleted mods installations folders yet you can search for pdialod.2da in backup folders and thus determine the cultprit mod

I don't know yet if any other NPC's in my game are doing it. Since seeing

this post however, I'm going to check. Calin is the mod I'm working on

and it could very well be him in my case. I'm learning coding and such,

slowly, and I could have done something wrong, tho I have no idea

what.

I'm having the same exact problem with Calin. He says the same lines too. I'm glad I saw this thread cause I've been trying to figure out how to fix it. Still isn't fixed tho, gave up and went back to finishing up some dialogue
Do you still have this problem? Now I found the solution:

From Greyfein's tutorial "A Beginner's Guide to NPC creation with WeiDU":

(...)Finally, a small change that many people forget, but which is responsible for numerous headaches. Scroll to the top of your .cre file, and find the Flags field. In a newly converted .cre file, the flag "Export allowed" is still checked. Uncheck that. Odd side-effects that could crop up include scripts and dialogues behaving like those of a multi-player NPC. Not what we want at all.

If this is not your problem, would you please post the tp2 lines where you append the P.dlg file name? I have a suspicion.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread, so to say..)

I'm having the same exact problem with Calin. He says the same lines too. I'm glad I saw this thread cause I've been trying to figure out how to fix it. Still isn't fixed tho, gave up and went back to finishing up some dialogue
Do you still have this problem? Now I found the solution:

From Greyfein's tutorial "A Beginner's Guide to NPC creation with WeiDU":

(...)Finally, a small change that many people forget, but which is responsible for numerous headaches. Scroll to the top of your .cre file, and find the Flags field. In a newly converted .cre file, the flag "Export allowed" is still checked. Uncheck that. Odd side-effects that could crop up include scripts and dialogues behaving like those of a multi-player NPC. Not what we want at all.

If this is not your problem, would you please post the tp2 lines where you append the P.dlg file name? I have a suspicion.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread, so to say..)

Gladly. It's giving me a headache :)

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~KKCalin KKCalinP KKCalinJ KKCalinD~

UNLESS ~KKCalin~

UNLESS ~25POST~

It's what I thought. Let me guess: You have ToB installed?

(...)

UNLESS ~25POST~

Take that out.

"UNLESS ~25POST~" in that place means "Don't do the appending if ToB is installed". So, just write

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

UNLESS ~KKCalin~

and it should work fine. Same for the other dialogue appending, btw.

(I PMed theacefes about this regarding her tutorial, so it should be corrected soon.)

(...)

UNLESS ~25POST~

Take that out.

"UNLESS ~25POST~" in that place means "Don't do the appending if ToB is installed". So, just write

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

UNLESS ~KKCalin~

(I PMed theacefes about this regarding her tutorial, so it should be corrected soon.)

Thanks again. I figured out how to fix the rest of the errors I was getting on install too so......now that this is fixed too....... WOOOOHOOOOO! :)

Through trial and error, I've discovered that this error occurs on my system whenever Lvl1NPCs beta 6 is uninstalled. It works fine on first installation, but if the mod is uninstalled the NPCs begin using the multi-player kick-out dialogs.

This persists after reinstallation of the mod also.

It should be noted that Lvl1NPCs beta 6 is currently not supported, and not even available for download (a forum member was kind enough to send it to me). So by no means is this a complaint of any kind.

The mod is excellent though, so perhaps this information would be useful if development will continue at some point in the future.

(...)

UNLESS ~25POST~

Take that out.

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

UNLESS ~KKCalin~

Thanks again. I figured out how to fix the rest of the errors I was getting on install too so......now that this is fixed too....... WOOOOHOOOOO! :)

It still isn't working but, he doesn't say goodnight ladies anymore. He says

It has been a pleasure adventuring with you. Well met and farewell. ??

That's still the multiplayer leaving dialogue, or the one that jumps in when there is none specified. The usual subjects: assigning in the tp2: should be OK. Spelling error: Doublecheck the name of the p.dialog, in the tp2 and in the d.

Is KKCalin the death variable of your NPC? Is the "export allowed" flag not tagged?

And, I notice only now that you only append the SoA part of the game. Add dialogs for the ToB part, too (although this shouldn't be the problem). As a suggestion:

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~KKCalin KKCalinP KKCalinJ KKCalinD KKCal25P KKCal25J KKCal25D KKCal25~

UNLESS ~KKCalin~

That's still the multiplayer leaving dialogue, or the one that jumps in when there is none specified. The usual subjects: assigning in the tp2: should be OK. Spelling error: Doublecheck the name of the p.dialog, in the tp2 and in the d.

Is KKCalin the death variable of your NPC? Is the "export allowed" flag not tagged?

And, I notice only now that you only append the SoA part of the game. Add dialogs for the ToB part, too (although this shouldn't be the problem). As a suggestion:

I originally had it like that but when I sent my TP2 to theacefes cause I couldn't figure out how to make it work, it had been taken out. I figured it was suppose to be that and left it alone. Part of it was my fault of course that it didn't work, I left out a few things.

~KKCalin KKCalinP KKCalinJ KKCalinD KKCal25P KKCal25J KKCal25D KKCal25~

UNLESS ~KKCalin~

OMG It works now! It was something so stupid I never noticed it until you said check spelling. I had 2 sentences running together because I forgot a space after the period. Thank you once again Jastey. I spent 3 days trying to make that work and would have spent many more if it wasn't for you :)

Archived