Weird things happening

RavenBlack

As referenced in the Nympho thread, here's the full story of my setup freaking out over RE v1. Berelinde suggested I post about it here :thumbsup: (no, I haven't finished downloading v2 yet, I keep forgetting to)

The saga started back on the 17th (according to a post I made over on PPG seeking aid). I'd pulled myself away from Morrowind, signed up for Luxley testing, and settled down to see if I still remembered my way around. I'd actually had to reinstall a short while before that (a forced one this time, due to a system reboot), and had deleted my BG2 folder.

It wasn't far in that I noticed that something wasn't right. NPCs disappeared, robe .bams were replaced by their hideous BG1 counterparts...other things might've happened (never got past chapter 3).

A week ago, I realized what it was doing: rejecting RE :) I uninstalled it and everything cleared up. It was the weirdest thing, 'specially considering I didn't have much from it installed, just what's below.

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content)

Okay, but since it's 1) RE_v1; 2) we honestly aren't doing anything with .bams(that'd be 1PP) and disappearing NPCs(though it's nice to dream of Imoen-Be-Gone, I must admit), I'll do the following: I'll split the topic, call it "Weird things happening", and see if someone else will be able to clear it up. Myself, I'll be betting on a scrambled install.

Myself, I'll be betting on a scrambled install.

The install itself was pretty much new (due to that forced reinstall). I was thinking it was install order, as I'd installed RE third last and sandwiched it between D0Tweaks/Oversight and Flirtpack/BG2 Tweaks, for ease of installing new versions.

I don't use 1PP, so it's definitely not that.

RE doesn't do as much with existing NPCs. Most of the encounters you have installed use all original CREs, and the rest simply append the dialogues of existing CREs without changing the CREs themselves.

I'm stumped, because the way RE is coded, it doesn't much matter where it's installed, as long as you add it before Virtue, of course.

Did uninstalling RE cause the BAMs to go back to the way they were before and the missing CREs to appear as expected?

Maybe it was installing\uninstalling\reinstalling two mods at once, having something else running in the background, installing a possibly bugged closed alpha. I'd really not worry, swap it with a clean override and install stuff over again; fifteen minutes, twenty on the outside.

Since I still don't know what caused my install to go bonkers, I'm going to attribute it to general game craziness. That very same install decided to cheat me out of a quest reward the other day, so I cleaned it out and reinstalled.

I'm running v2 on a fresh install (installed after NPCs but before the flirtpack), and it's behaving properly. :help: Laran's voicing is yummy, BTW. :)

I have a new install going because my last games were really screwed up with so many mods. I still have a lot on my new install but just want to mention a kind of cool weird thing - shield and armour descriptions have lines from RE instead of their true descriptions. So far it isn't hurting anything that I've come across so far but boy is it weird...

Just in case it is my fault and it probably is here is my Weidulog -

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Alternate Kelsey portrait set #1 by Karse Soze (regular Kelsey)?

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter both from Kelsey and other NPCs)

~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // EdwinRomance

~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Restore Edwin's BG1 portrait

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Default Kelsey portrait set by Wynne Lurty? (set 1 of 3)

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate Kelsey portrait set #1 by Karse Soze (regular Kelsey) (set 2 of 3)?

~SETUP-EDWINTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Edwin Romance ToB

~SETUP-EDWINTOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // New ending for Viconia Romance by Laufey

~SETUP-EDWINFLIRTS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Edwin Flirts 0.1b

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v6

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Fighter/Mage

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1-like flaming sword animation

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kivan of Shilmista

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Select Deheriana's Class -> Mage/Fighter/Cleric

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #6 // Select Kivan's Portrait -> Install Herd's Alternative Portrait for Kivan.

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install ToB Portion of the Mod

~SARAHSOA/SETUP-SARAHSOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:SoA V1

~SETUP-HUBELPOT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Hubelpot Thistledown, the Vegetable Merchant NPC-mod

~SETUP-HUBELPOT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Optional kit 1 of 2, the Village Druid.

~SETUP-MIRIAM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chosen of Mystra's Miriam NPC Mod (Requires Throne of Bhaal)

~SETUP-RBK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Riskbreaker kit

~SETUP-RUPERT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Rupert the Dye Merchant (for BG2 or TuTu/BGT)

~SETUP-SAERILETH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saerileth Romance Mod v12 (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin and Sillara

~TIAX/SETUP-TIAX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tiax NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v1

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4

~DC/SETUP-DC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Crawl, v1

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V6 for BG2:ToB

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate Auren Portrait -> Portrait 1 (From Neverwinter Nights Vault)

~SETUP-GROA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Getting Rid of Anomen - A cutscene for the Kelsey romance.

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn - version 6 (03Nov2007)

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-MORTIS_V23.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mortis_V2.3

~SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tsujatha v9 (BG2:SoA NPC) created by Sillara of the Tamari

~ATHOUSANDWORDS/ATHOUSANDWORDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // A Thousand Words - v 2 10Dec2007

~IM10KULYOK/SETUP-IM10KULYOK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Iron Modder 10, Kulyok's entry

~VOLOQUEST/VOLOQUEST.TP2~ #0 #0 // cmorgan's Iron Modder Contest 10: "Volo's Quest"

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Cyric's Test, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edwin's Softer Side, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Enter Haer'Dalis, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // Noober Returns, by cmorgan

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok

~SETUP-BONSCARELESS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Careless Words Cost Lives - Bons's Iron Modder 8 Entry

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-GHREYIM8.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ghreyfain's IM8 Entry: Careless Words Cost Lives

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery

~SETUP - WORDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Careless Words Cost Lives

~ACEALTMUSIC/SETUP-ACEALTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGII Alternate Soundtrack

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements

Of course I did Tweaks and probably don't know what half that stuff is and forgot to add RE and Quest Pack until last. I'm such a dumb player. ;)

Yes, usually it is a "something is wrong with your install". I'm betting it is a(// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-GHREYIM8.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ghreyfain's IM8 Entry: Careless Words Cost Lives), too. Try uninstalling the last bit after that line(Quest Pack, Words, alternatve soundtrack), then installing them carefully one by one.

Archived