Kelsey-Kivan Banter

Ana Christina

Hello.

First of all, thank you so much for this version! I and my sister are very happy to see Kelsey and Kivan interact at last. :thumbsup:

There is a problem, however. I believe that in their first SoA banter there is a mistake, i.e., they speak the wrong lines. This is what I mean:

CHAIN IF ~InParty("J#Kelsey")

See("J#Kelsey")

!Dead("J#Kelsey")

!StateCheck("P#Kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck("J#Kelsey",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

CombatCounter(0)

Global("G#XB.KelseyKivanBanter1","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BP#KIV KelseyKivanBanter#1.1

~I do not like that men join <CHARNAME> out of curiosity. It is not a sufficient motivation for an alliance.~

DO ~SetGlobal("G#XB.KelseyKivanBanter1","GLOBAL",1)~

== BJ#KLSY ~But you are wrong! Haven’t you heard the old prunes drone on and on about how it moves people and nations?~

== BP#KIV ~It certainly moves you.~

== BJ#KLSY ~Oh, no, in some matters I prefer to be as incurious as possible, because I know that my answers will not be pleasant.~

== BP#KIV ~And are you successful in avoiding asking such questions?~

== BJ#KLSY ~Mostly not. And when I am, others ask them in my stead.~

== BP#KIV ~I have noticed that same thing.~

== BJ#KLSY ~Do you still think that I shouldn't have introduced myself to <CHARNAME> and got hired?~

= ~No, do not recoil. I do not trust easily, and I need to know more of you before I can judge how steadfast you are.~

== BP#KIV ~I've heard that you deserted <CHARNAME> in Baldur's Gate, and then changed your mind and came back. Are you apt to pass a judgment on the reliability of others? What gives you the right?~

== BJ#KLSY ~Wariness.~

EXIT

(Bold mine)

Shouldn't the first and last bolded lines be spoken by Kivan, while the line about deserting CHARNAME in Baldur's Gate belonged to Kelsey, as per this thread, in which Kivan also has another reply before the recoil thingy ("Ki: Shall I spare you the answer?")? If yes, is it sufficient if I modify the .d file locally like this:

== BJ#KLSY ~Do you still think that I shouldn't have introduced myself to <CHARNAME> and got hired?~

== BP#KIV ~Shall I spare you the answer?~

= ~No, do not recoil. I do not trust easily, and I need to know more of you before I can judge how steadfast you are.~

== BJ#KLSY ~I've heard that you deserted <CHARNAME> in Baldur's Gate, and then changed your mind and came back. Are you apt to pass a judgment on the reliability of others? What gives you the right?~

== BP#KIV ~Wariness.~

... or should I wait for a new Crossmod version (for the record, I have v 5.2)?

Archived