V1.1 Bug Reports

theacefes

FWIW, ISTR that there's a thread in a different mod forum here at G3 that was describing similar installation problems with whichever mod that was. IIRC, it turned out that the problem had to do with a conflict within a version of WeiDu or perhaps the log itself rather than any problem in the mod. Perhaps a search might turn up that other thread. Sorry, I don't remember the exact thread or forum.

Good luck.

John

A great mod as far as I have played. Thanks for making and sharing it. Two things though. I don't know if they have been mentioned, because searching this forum could reveal spoilers that I don't want to read. :(

1) I got some errors when installing. Reason: You use CD_STATE_NOTVALID in state.ids. That needs to be added to be added manually to that file. You should add that to the installation routine.

2) The romance needs reputation greater than (!) 12. That's of course a good idea and has been done in other mods. BUT although I started with a LG PC, my reputation was still at 12 (because I did some quests that don't increase it first) when the deciding dialogue was triggered. Therefore, the romance would never start. Fortunately, experience has taught me to always look into the scripts when there is a suspicious delay in NPC talks. But the majority of players won't. Either you should tell the player to increase his reputation fast, or make the romance trigger independent from that single dialogue.

2) The romance needs reputation greater than (!) 12. That's of course a good idea and has been done in other mods. BUT although I started with a LG PC, my reputation was still at 12 (because I did some quests that don't increase it first) when the deciding dialogue was triggered. Therefore, the romance would never start. Fortunately, experience has taught me to always look into the scripts when there is a suspicious delay in NPC talks. But the majority of players won't. Either you should tell the player to increase his reputation fast, or make the romance trigger independent from that single dialogue.

Or they could just read the FAQs. There are enough talks between the start of Sarah's banters and the deciding LT (which IS the trigger) that it shouldn't be too difficult for someone to make sure they have a rep over 12.

Guest CorstrikeFX

I keep trying to install Sarah, even re-downloading the install file several times, but I keep getting the following message in the cmd.exe window the file opens after extracting all of Sarah's related files:

"You cannot install more than one mod at a time or you will have bugs.

Try to install the mod once again, after the following:

Setup-SarahSoA.exe --update-all

has finished.

Press ENTER to exit."

Any idea what this means?

Guest CorstrikeFX
Posted Today, 08:23 AM

I keep trying to install Sarah, even re-downloading the install file several times, but I keep getting the following message in the cmd.exe window the file opens after extracting all of Sarah's related files:

"You cannot install more than one mod at a time or you will have bugs.

Try to install the mod once again, after the following:

Setup-SarahSoA.exe --update-all

has finished.

Press ENTER to exit."

Any idea what this means?

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't actually tried going to the area where you find Sarah. Perhaps I should try that in game before reporting XP

Before anything, yes I am shure I have v1.1....At least that is the version I downloaded.

*****SPOILER*****

I have a problem with stutter.

It should be said that I did not notice for shure that the romance was not running until I reached Spellhold. (apparently to low reputation). So I activated the global variables:

SarahRomanceActive 1

SarahTalkRomance 1

SarahTimerRomance 1 // I did this 2 times to get the two first lovetalks instantly so I would "catch up" with the game time. The third came naturally.

But after I exited Spellhold she started to stutter on the iseland.

I ignored it thinking it might be the 4. lovetalk. Or just an minor bug.

But when I got captured by the fish-men after leaving brynnlaw on Saemons ship she continued to stutter. And suddenly she said "My family is important to me and if you're not going to help me find my uncle I have to leave.

Sorry if this don't make any sence...

So, my basic question is:

Is there a variable to make her "forget" about the uncle quest?(Or at least give me some more info?)

My WeiDU.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V6 for BG2:ToB

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate Auren Portrait -> Portrait 1 (From Neverwinter Nights Vault)

~ACEALTMUSIC/SETUP-ACEALTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGII Alternate Soundtrack

~SARAHSOA/SETUP-SARAHSOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:SoA V1

~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)

~SETUP-KARI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kari The Koboldgirl version 1.3b (Created by Moongaze)

FuzzT

Edit: Spelling

Edit 2: I found the quest variable and enabled her to talk to me about the "uncle quest".

It did not fix the problem however, as the music still plays. It actually appears to be restarting the music in an infinate loop.

Truth be told, fuzzT, what you've stated suggests very strongly that the problem doesn't lie with the mod, but with you editing your game via the console. When you altered the variables manually so late in the game, you basically bugged up the mod by not allowing it to take its natural course. After the "Wanna know how I got my scars" talk, her uncle is supposed to appear. Then, if you do not finish the quest in three days' time, she will leave. I believe you simply confused the program. In fact, if you went back and retried romancing Sarah, met the reputation requirements, and did not use the console to edit anything, I'm willing to bet the mod will run flawlessly.

Archived