Compatibility issues

The BG2 is a bit more smoother, than the rest. And the fixed resolution in it is based on the 1024x768 one, so it can be very small if you drown it in say 4K resolution, which is obviously not recommended as you won't be seeing a thing in the screen unless you have the new type TV sized monitors(65"), hello. And even then ...

On 12/8/2019 at 7:02 PM, Caillean said:

If installed correctly, the action bar at the bottom in the main game screen should expand to screen width. However, all menus (saving / loading, inventory, character record) have a fixed resolution (1024x768 I think) and do not expand. They're drawn centered on the screen, so if that's what you mean by 'destroys the UI', then yes, that's normal. So if you set it up correctly, you should be fine with GemRB 0.8.5 and the latest widescreen mod.

Thanks for enlightening me.

The bottom action bar does not expand to max screen width ... it feels like it stayed at 800pixels. Might be related to my screen setup. Panasonic CF-J10 1366x768. I'll turn it down to saner values, like 1024x768, and hope it gets better.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:48 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

The BG2 is a bit more smoother, than the rest. And the fixed resolution in it is based on the 1024x768 one, so it can be very small if you drown it in say 4K resolution, which is obviously not recommended as you won't be seeing a thing in the screen unless you have the new type TV sized monitors(65"), hello. And even then ...

Setting it up an teeny weeny portable laptop ... 10.1" inches vieable area ... which is huge compared to BGEE running on the Switch 🙂

Thanks all!

10 hours ago, GreyBeard said:

Might be related to my screen setup. Panasonic CF-J10 1366x768. I'll turn it down to saner values..

What ? Why not use the native resolution off 1366x768 the thing says it has. It doesn't need to be a Widescreen resolution, any that's outside the few borders the mod has, will do. Aka, x < 642 (wide) and y < 482 (high). Even 650x500 works... it won't look perfect, but the screen will scale it up, if it has the capability.

And if the in-game features look too small to you in that resolution, then use one of the other resolutions the desktop resolution settings allow you to use at the mod. It should allow you to select 1280x720 and 1024x576(or ..x600). Which both use nearly full screen space. Rather than bad scaled worse showing resolutions.

10 hours ago, GreyBeard said:

like 1024x768

Edited by Jarno Mikkola