DLTCEP Requests Thread

Galactygon

On the subject of requests... back on the old Dragonlance forums I asked if it was possible to change DLTCEP so that once you had set either a front or rear point for a door, DLTCEP would then take you to that position automatically to set the other one. Well, I downloaded the source code and fixed that one myself... then also did the same trick for Open and Closed doors.

Avenger - no comments in the code - naughty, naughty! :):):)

Would you be interested in folding my 'fixes' into the main body?

And I do have a request; make DLTCEP start about one third down from the top of the screen rather than in the centre. I ask because when the preview window comes up for (e.g. adding animations) the buttons are frequently off the bottom of the screen and you need to either move the main DLTCEP screen or keep moving the preview screen. I tried to fix that too but got hopelessly lost following the startup code.....

-Y-

Hi Avenger,

in CHU editor if creator click on "Select control" only current control is highlighted. Would it be hard to implement a similiar feature like you have with .WEDs? I mean that creator will have an option to choose a control he want to modify right on the background MOS... And please make a thickness of the selecting frame a little bit lower, just 1 or 2 pix. thick would be enough.

Thanks in order...:)

Hi Avenger,

in CHU editor if creator click on "Select control" only current control is highlighted. Would it be hard to implement a similiar feature like you have with .WEDs? I mean that creator will have an option to choose a control he want to modify right on the background MOS... And please make a thickness of the selecting frame a little bit lower, just 1 or 2 pix. thick would be enough.

Thanks in order...:help:

I guess you want me to re-render the window after a selection change?

grid color customisation is now possible, but you have to edit some .ini entries.

Start the new DLTCEP then check your .ini. Modify the colorX entries as you wish.

Window placement is adjusted, in most cases the graphical editor window will be moved to top left corner (except if it is used for preview, like in the polygon editor).

This is a rather minor thing, but when I'm tabbing through an animation palette to change RGB values, it goes through in a really wacky order by jumping all over, and only gets to the RGB values at the end (and does them in reverse - BGR). I'm only mentioning it because I use DLTCEP to correct manually BAM palette entries in bulk for things that can't be corrected in other tools like BAM Workshop (the annoying pink outline on ground BAMs for example).

And I don't suppose it's possible to show hex offsets next to field names as in NI? Maybe just something you can toggle in the Setup - maybe it's even there already.

I've made a separate tool (ielister), which shows the hex offsets.
Where is this now? All the links I found pointed back to the old DLTC forum (incidentally, the latest DLTCEP still puts a link to the old DLTC homepage on your desktop).

Hi Avenger,

Thanks in order...;)

I guess you want me to re-render the window after a selection change?

Well, I don´t know what do you mean right now, as I don´t know how it works either. I just thought to implement the feature like you have with polygon editor in WED section. When I want to edit some polygon, I just click on Select Polygon and select the one I want to modify directly on area background image. Then I switch back and click on Edit polygon and that one particular desired polygon is selected for editing...

This is what I meant. Just to select the control I want to modify directly on the background MOS image and selected control will be ready for editing...

If it means to re-render the window, then yes...;)

And thanks for grid color changing feature.

Archived