DLTCEP Requests Thread

Galactygon

Preview mode? ;) ...wtf... Now I´m lost...

Select control, then click on control in preview screen. Then go back, you'll edit the selected control. The only thing that doesn't happen is an update of the preview screen to highlight the newly selected control. This is due to some programming problem on my side.

But, if you don't mind that the selected control isn't highlighted immediately, you can already use this to select the control interactively.

Yet another request... to my absolute horror I found myself reverting to IETME to check the positions of actors relative to one another in a new area. Would it be possible to have a 'Show All' option for actors, similar to the one that shows all wallgroups/doors on the preview screen when you are adding a new wallgroup/door?

Thank you for just thinking about it!

-Y-

[EDIT] I finally got round to submitting my changes to AreaProperties.cpp onto SourceForge. I put it under Feature Requests as it isn't really a bug.

I have a tiny request - could the "force lowercase file name on save" option become optional? Or even better, could you introduce a toggle which lets us select whether we want to save our files in lowercase or uppercase or just leave them as is?

This is not really a big deal, but I've recently standardized all of my files to uppercase so now I have to manually rename them each time I use DLTCEP to edit them (which is 99.9% of the time). ;)

AFAIK, WeiDU itself is not case-sensitive, but Linux and MacOSx are and can have problems with uppercase filenames.

However, I believe that such problems only arise when the filename and the path to the filename are mismatched. For example, if your .tp2 syntax refers to the filename as uppercase but your actual file is in lowercase a problem would occur. As long as everything is fully standardized to either lowercase or uppercase there should be no problems. The Bigg can probably explain this better.

This is not really a big deal, but I've recently standardized all of my files to uppercase so now I have to manually rename them each time I use DLTCEP to edit them (which is 99.9% of the time). :)
Why not just standardize on lowercase like everyone else? :) (And if you're concerned that would take a lot of time, there are commands or tools that will change file casing in bulk in a few seconds...)
I've made a separate tool (ielister), which shows the hex offsets.
Where is this now? All the links I found pointed back to the old DLTC forum (incidentally, the latest DLTCEP still puts a link to the old DLTC homepage on your desktop).
So is this ielister just obsolete or what?

I found this but it looks like just bugfixes/updates. Does it need to be compiled or something? I'm not really an expert at that sort of thing. Maybe it should be listed under Downloads > Utilities where DLTCEP is (though it looks like that version is somewhat outdated).

That is the source repository for IELister, and i think it is the most up to date version. (In source code format).

I've uploaded a compiled version to the download page of SF. It was the version published on the DLTC site before it went down.

I think it would be useful if the 'open' dialog box defaulted to the folder where the last opened file was instead of the override folder. It would make editing spells or items from a mod much easier.

Archived