DLTCEP Requests Thread

Galactygon

I think it would be useful if the 'open' dialog box defaulted to the folder where the last opened file was instead of the override folder.
This was requested a while ago. Turn off "Always start in default folder" in Set edit options.
Guest Guest_Fnargle_*
I need to convert NPC sounds to MP3s. Mainly some of Irenicus' dialogues and "Your voice is ambrosia". How do I do it with DLTCEP?

Would like to add this is my first time using DLTCEP...

Guest Guest_Lord-Jyssev_*

Saving and loading of polygons in wallgroups doesn't seem to work. That's on my wishlist, mostly because I'm ripping my hair out over these wallgroups not working.

Yep, tried that just now, still holes in my wallgroups though. I've tried splitting them up, making big ones, little ones, ones with only four vertices, nothing seems to work for me with these wallgroups.

Saving and loading of polygons in wallgroups doesn't seem to work. That's on my wishlist, mostly because I'm ripping my hair out over these wallgroups not working.

Well, it works for me.

Could you be more specific what doesn't work?

It should work like this:

You select a polygon, then save it.

It will save ONLY the selected polygon. (The filename is by default: <area>.ply)

You can load this polygon anytime again from the polygon editor.

It would be nice if there would be an ability to select and copy/paste multiple effects like in NI.

Sometimes I have to copy 5-10 effects from file to file and copying them one by one is a chore.

You can copy them if you copy the complete extended header (it will copy the effects in it too).

To copy the complete CFB, you can save it, then load it when needed.

Alright, I'm working on a night/day area, so that means parallel .weds. When I save a polygon from the day area, it saves fine and dandy. When I load it, however, in the night .wed it seems to work, but as soon as I get out of .wed editing to save the area, it erases itself and reverts back to the the empty polygon that I originally loaded it into. Also, it seems to change my day area's .tis to the night .tis, which I have to change back every time. I think you know of that error already though.

Sorry for the guest posting, I finally remembered my password. Perhaps you could explain what's going on in the next screenshots too..

Weird.jpg

It has happened on other occasions as well, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong? Do I have too many vertices? I think there's 50. It has happened on other ones with fewer vertices, except it kind of did the opposite; it had a large area, but it cut away weird parts of it.

This seems to be a hovering wall problem.

Wall polygons cannot grow both directions from the baseline.

The outcroppings need to be added in a separate polygon, with the hovering wall bit set.

I don't know if there is any tutorial on how to set these up correctly.

There is only one advice:

The hovering wall polygon's first 2 points are not included in the polygon itself (it is the baseline, which is separated from the polygon itself).

Once you punched in a polygon and it doesn't work, try 'order polygon' in dltcep. That might fix it.

You can also try the 'reverse polygon' button.

Eventually you will get the hang of it.

Alrighty, I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but it seems I can't play any of the character sounds or short ambient sounds. When editing soundsets for NPCs, it crashes outright, but when trying to find new sounds for ambients, the "stop" box pops up and quickly disappears again. I thought an older version used to be able to play these, but the new one seems to have troubles.

Archived