DLTCEP Requests Thread

Galactygon

I would have already done this if it wouldn't cause problems with my own use of dltcep.

The problem is that this change is about the place of the config file itself, so the place couldn't be configured :)

I'm using it on linux as well as winxp, in both cases i prefer the config files in the same directory as dltcep.

Minor usability problem... When adding wallgroups in the .wed screen, DLTCEP always adds the next polygon after the one that is currently highlighted. In theory, that wouldn't be much of a problem but that after selecting 'Back' from the Edit Polygon screen, the combobox always defaults to what appears to be the previous wallgroup. If you forget to reset it manually to the last polygon before selecting 'Add Polygon' again, your new wallgroup is in the middle of the existing ones. On starting DLTCEP, the default wallgroup always appears to be polygon 4.

This is a serious PITA when you're saving .ply files by number and you decide to change one. My wallgroup 10 ply is not necessarily DLTCEP's wallgroup 10 ply etc. Can you make that combobox default to always adding a new polygon to the end *unless* an existing polygon has been deliberately selected, in which case the new polygon would be inserted after the highlighted one.

-Y-

Edit: Typo. Nothing new there then.

You can modify the numbers if you need pixel perfection.
You might also try the magnifier tool that comes with windows. It is one of the accessibility utilities and can usually be found here:
%SystemRoot%\system32\magnify.exe

Depending on your mouse (mine is a Microsoft X5); I have one key assigned to the magnifier and one DPI button assigned to dog-slow. It makes creating wallgroups a lot easier.

Sam: do your lightmaps in a paint program. It's a lot easier and gets far better results than using DLTCEP.

-Y-

The resources need to be copied into the override folder (or be in a .BIF). If you copied them while DLTCEP is running, they will not show up in the 'internal resources' list, and the browser uses that list.

To refresh the resource lists, you need to restart DLTCEP or rescan the files (the button is on the main window of DLTCEP).

Avenger, it could be extremely useful, if, during area creation with extended night flag, DLTCEP copied already (I assume creator have it...) day light map (LM prefix) and saved it with LN prefix, say, AR0300LN. Because if you select Extended Night flag and save it, DLTCEP will create night .WED from day .WED file, but won´t create a night light map. Of course, it must be corrected later (perhaps in some graphics editor like PSP or PhotoShop), but at least area won´t crash on loading. Otherwise one will think pretty hard why the game crashes to desktop (in this case due to missing night light map).

Yes, it should handle the night lightmap from the moment you selected the extended night bit.

Actually, i thought it would. Maybe you just have to go to the aux map editor and change a pixel to trigger it.

Well, actually, it shouldn´t. Is it possible to force it to save that map without changing any pixel on it?? Hope so...

Archived