Congratulations!

Kulyok

I'm sorry if this problem was already fixed, but mayhap not.

It's the "Improved basic AI", if i not mistaken.

When party arrives to Spellhold and Irenicus capture them, we can see a dream where main hero must lead Bhaal's avatar to Imoen to destroy it ("Lead the beast here.. it's our only chance.. and my last..").

But Bhaal fights, drinks potions (that's really strange as ghost can't have any). And when hero enters Candlekeep, Bhaal don't follow him, but go back somewhere outside (the first time i even did't find him after.. he just gone O_o).

When i uninstalled part of yer mod, all was fixed.

Very nicely done! I've never had any sort of a hard time with that first ogre mage until now, lol.

Unfortunately, I get slow-downs whenever a mage is created (1.6ghz processor), but it's not too bad and I'm pretty patient.

All-in-all, a very nice mod that everyone should have, if they think the game is too easy.

Guest Splunge

I just found out that this was released. Have you considered announcing it on SP, where I know a lot of people would be interested? (I'd do it, but I don't want to steal your thunder. :) )

I'm looking forward to giving this a whirl. :)

Bad News: This mod is kicking my ass nine ways to Hell.

Good News: I am forced to learn how to play more strategically, to avoid said ass from being kicked.

I'm beginning to love my Rogues and Druids so~ much now. Backstab saves lives by ending Mages'. Hide in Shadows fizzles spells. Tactical Retreat + Traping turns the tide of entire battles. And Insect Swarm gives breathing room.

And Death spells... glorious Death spells.

I tip my imaginary top hat to you, DavidW.

Guest Splunge
I'm guessing he's probably waiting for a non-beta release. :)

Well, that just shows what an idiot I am. I thought that, because it was Version 1, it was no longer in beta.

Any idea when it will be non-beta?

No, but don't let the beta tag throw you off too much as it's been under testing for a few months now. My understanding (and DavidW will correct me when he wanders by) is that DavidW knew he had a busy school schedule coming up, so the decision was to either prolong the closed testing or release it as an open beta, knowing that he wouldn't have much free time in the immediate future.

No, but don't let the beta tag throw you off too much as it's been under testing for a few months now. My understanding (and DavidW will correct me when he wanders by) is that DavidW knew he had a busy school schedule coming up, so the decision was to either prolong the closed testing or release it as an open beta, knowing that he wouldn't have much free time in the immediate future.

Yep, dead right. It's pretty stable - you'll get the occasional oddity (examples to date include occasional creatures not going hostile when they should), but I'd be surprised to see anything drastic, widespread or game-breaking.

I'm guessing he's probably waiting for a non-beta release. The folks on the BioWare boards will probably also be quite excited about it.

You're giving me too much credit for intelligence - I just didn't think of it (drowning in academic admin right now...) Plus I'm never sure of the etiquette: should one announce beta mods in these places?

Guest Splunge

I'm guessing he's probably waiting for a non-beta release. The folks on the BioWare boards will probably also be quite excited about it.

You're giving me too much credit for intelligence - I just didn't think of it (drowning in academic admin right now...) Plus I'm never sure of the etiquette: should one announce beta mods in these places?

Well, given a hunger for new mods, and given that SCS II is reasonably stable, you should absolutely announce it! (Well, on SP at least). As long as you clarify that it's a (stable) open beta version, you should be fine. To be honest, I'm not sure too many people on SP even realize that SCS for BG2 was even in the works - I know I didn't know about it until a few weeks ago, and I visit SP fairly regulary; I only found out abot it because I saw it mentioned on another G3 thead. If nothing else, letting them know about it will at least create a welcome buzz, even if they want to wait for the non-beta version. :)

Well, given a hunger for new mods, and given that SCS II is reasonably stable, you should absolutely announce it! (Well, on SP at least). As long as you clarify that it's a (stable) open beta version, you should be fine. To be honest, I'm not sure too many people on SP even realize that SCS for BG2 was even in the works - I know I didn't know about it until a few weeks ago, and I visit SP fairly regulary; I only found out abot it because I saw it mentioned on another G3 thead. If nothing else, letting them know about it will at least create a welcome buzz, even if they want to wait for the non-beta version. :)

OK, done it. Thanks!

Archived