Wrong BAM assignment?

10thLich

While playing with SCSv6 I noticed that some items e.g. "Nome Stickah" displayed no icons on the ground or in your inventory.

I downloaded v7 and opened DW#kob01.itm with Near Infinity. Instead of idagg03.bam it had _idagg03.bam.

I then compared those items to those from SCSv4.5 for BGT. No underscore in the .BAM names.

Those underscores (icon, groundicon, carriedicon) are also present in other items (dw#angar, dw#diaar etc.).

Moreover just to be on the save side: It is recommended that questpack AI should be installed before SCS' Durlag's Tower and the latter before any BG2 mods. But what about a mega-install with BP and Rogue Rebalancing?

Normally it would look something like that:

Base

+megamods/bgt

+[nearly every other mod here]

+BP

+questpack

+RR

+SCS2

+bg2tweaks/worldmap/gui

If I take the readme into account should it look like this?

Base

+megamods/bgt

+[nearly every other mod here/ almost all components of SCS]

+BP

+questpack

[sCS Durlag's Tower]

+RR

SCS2

+bg2tweaks/worldmap/gui

10th

looks like bgt/tutu issue

Good call. Yep, that's a bug caused by my missing a difference between TUTU and BGT. I'll put it on the fix list for the next version. (I think the Nome Stikka dagger is pretty much the only object it'll matter for; the others, including the ones you list, are pretty much all undroppable.)

@10thlich: Your install order looks good to me.

DavidW,

can you please confirm that the only SCS component in one BGT installation that needs to be installed after Quest Pack is "Improved Durlag's Tower"?

Yes, as far as I know. (As in: I'm not aware of any compatibility testing, so there may be problems I don't know about.)

Moreover just to be on the save side: It is recommended that questpack AI should be installed before SCS' Durlag's Tower and the latter before any BG2 mods. But what about a mega-install with BP and Rogue Rebalancing?

Both SCS I and SCS II can be installed either before or after Rogue Rebalancing. The install order is irrelevant here, the mods are fully compatible in any case. :)

OTOH, if you wish to use Big Picture you must install it before Rogue Rebalancing, otherwise several RR quests might become broken. The Quest Pack should also be installed before Rogue Rebalancing, otherwise the "stealth path" in the STI component of RR will be unavailable.

' date='Oct 9 2007, 08:00 PM' post='101628']

Both SCS I and SCS II can be installed either before or after Rogue Rebalancing. The install order is irrelevant here, the mods are fully compatible in any case. :)

I knew that but the second part got me thinking

OTOH, if you wish to use Big Picture you must install it before Rogue Rebalancing, otherwise several RR quests might become broken. The Quest Pack should also be installed before Rogue Rebalancing, otherwise the "stealth path" in the STI component of RR will be unavailable.

And that's were I was momentarily stumped. SCS "should" be installed before any BG2 mods. But at the same time questpack AI should be installed before it and with BP in the mix you have to install questpack and before RR. I'll try my proposed installation order and if any bugs besides wonky behaviour from BP should crop up I'll post 'em.

10th

And that's were I was momentarily stumped. SCS "should" be installed before any BG2 mods. But at the same time questpack AI should be installed before it and with BP in the mix you have to install questpack and before RR. I'll try my proposed installation order and if any bugs besides wonky behaviour from BP should crop up I'll post 'em.

10th

As Salk suggests, the best way to get Quest Pack / SCS compatibility is to install almost all of SCS, then install Quest Pack, then install the Durlag's Tower component of SCS. (Probably installing all of Quest Pack first will work just fine too, though.)

For clarity, Quest Pack and Big Picture don't have to be installed immediately before Rogue Rebalancing. As long as they are installed before it (at any point in your WeiDU log) it will work fine. So, I think that this install order of yours:

+megamods/bgt

+BP

+questpack

[sCS Durlag's Tower]

+RR

SCS2

+bg2tweaks/worldmap/gui

would be optimal unless SCS (the first one) should be installed before BP. David can probably clarify this further.

' date='Oct 10 2007, 08:05 AM' post='101707']

For clarity, Quest Pack and Big Picture don't have to be installed immediately before Rogue Rebalancing. As long as they are installed before it (at any point in your WeiDU log) it will work fine. So, I think that this install order of yours:

+megamods/bgt

+BP

+questpack

[sCS Durlag's Tower]

+RR

SCS2

+bg2tweaks/worldmap/gui

would be optimal unless SCS (the first one) should be installed before BP. David can probably clarify this further.

SCS does (ideally) have to be installed before BP - at least, its "Smarter Mages/Priests" and "Smarter AI" components should be. But that's okay: in the above installation order, it is.

Archived