Calin sex scene

Kitanna

I like steamy (ahem, well, yes) but I want to have the choice / full power over what my PC feels. I do not appreciate steamy flirts that go "you feel yourself being sweapt of your feet, your heart beating, your knees go weak when he kisses you", rather "he kisses you firm, but tenderly", and I imagine myself what happens to my PC in the meanwhile. :)

Fade to black is BioWare standard, so it's perfectly OK. I chose that for Ajantis BG1 romance.

I like steamy (ahem, well, yes) but I want to have the choice / full power over what my PC feels. I do not appreciate steamy flirts that go "you feel yourself being sweapt of your feet, your heart beating, your knees go weak when he kisses you", rather "he kisses you firm, but tenderly", and I imagine myself what happens to my PC in the meanwhile. :)

Fade to black is BioWare standard, so it's perfectly OK. I chose that for Ajantis BG1 romance.

I agree with the non steamy flirts, otherwise you don't have the option to tell him he was terrible :) But a little detailed adult content action on his part before the fade? And no, not Bjornin detailed, tho I like him.

Hm, reminds me of Space Elf. :)

Anyways I agree with Jastey, what you should try to do is stimulate the reader's thoughts so they can feel like they're also a part of it... uh, that came out wrong. :)

At any rate, nothing too explicit, leave that for the reader's imagination.

And as for the scene well, fade to black is good, and just like with flirts and so on, you should again not go into every detail, just give the feeling of the situation, a brief insight for the player to start off from. And yeah, leave the rest for the little happyland down.. er, upstairs. ^^

Eh, I'm drowning myself again aren't I? :p

I might be a bit late to the table, but for me it depends on the NPC I am working with. I much prefer dialogue-format to the description format, but when sensuality is a huge part of the romance (ie Coran) I put more emphasis on the descriptions. While I agree with Jastey that having your PC's feelings described, I feel that there are borderline cases, when the PC has little to no control over what is happening, ie dreams....

Another way, though slightly cumbersome to let PC 'feel' something is to express it in the choices, or give PC say one dialogue choice that starts with describing her feelings, and that would lead into the steamy description of doing the nasty, while the options without PC's feelings described will give you a black screen.

The separate topic all-together is that those sensual scenes are not so easy to make interesting unless you tie them to a location, situation etc. The things I tried is tieing the flirts/scenes to the locations, time of year through previous dialogues, and I recently ran amok on the 'daydream of' scenes, taking it onto myself to construct the whole imagery.

In other words, there is a lot of experimenting to do in that field to find what suits the NPC, your level of comfort and game situation. :)

Like I said, I agree with Jastey too. That first post I made was idiotic and I have admittied that. Maybe someday I'll be able to get past it and laugh about how stupid I was. I have a much better understanding now of the correct way to do things like that. But, I'm going with my original idea with pretty much no action. I only asked in the first place to get an idea of what people would like because I had people tell me my way was too boring and I should spice it up a little. So, I figured if that's what people wanted, I would try it now that I understand about the actions and the no-nos. Kivan is my favorite by the way. I play his romance more than any other.

That first post I made was idiotic and I have admittied that. Maybe someday I'll be able to get past it and laugh about how stupid I was.

Why so hard on yourself? Modding is all about experimenting, there is no hard and fast answers. Good luck in creating :)

Like I said, I agree with Jastey too. That first post I made was idiotic and I have admittied that.
In case it helps: I don't know which of your posts would be that? I don't want an explanation, what I mean was, I am not aware any of your posts were stupid. (And I definitely hope it wasn't anything I said.)
That first post I made was idiotic and I have admittied that. Maybe someday I'll be able to get past it and laugh about how stupid I was.

Why so hard on yourself? Modding is all about experimenting, there is no hard and fast answers. Good luck in creating :)

I had someone tell me that post was idiotic and I had no business writing a mod when I am obviously too stupid to know that no one likes being told how/what thier PC is feeling. And if I did write the mod, no one would bother to play it.

Inspite of that comment, I am writing it anyway. And thank you, I'm having fun writing it. :)

Like I said, I agree with Jastey too. That first post I made was idiotic and I have admittied that.

In case it helps: I don't know which of your posts would be that? I don't want an explanation, what I mean was, I am not aware any of your posts were stupid. (And I definitely hope it wasn't anything I said.)

Definately was not anything you said. You have been very helpful and very nice. I have appreciated it all very much. The 'weak in the knees" part you said, well, that isn't important. you dont want an explaination and I'd rather not revive that fiasco.

I had someone tell me that post was idiotic and I had no business writing a mod when I am obviously too stupid to know that no one likes being told how/what thier PC is feeling. And if I did write the mod, no one would bother to play it.
I didn't understand your post was about "action text that describe the PC's feeling" vs. "non action text", but the question was about how steamy it should / can get. I would say Bjorning was max on "steamy", but the player had full control over the action and no feelings were dictated. So, description of steamy action doesn't imply the PC's feelings are included, so I don't know what that person meant by that remark, to be honest. It was me who started babbling about PC's feeling's descriptions. But never mind, that's not my fight and I will stay out of it. It just makes me sad to hear something like this.

Inspite of that comment, I am writing it anyway. And thank you, I'm having fun writing it. :)
That's good to hear. :)

Maybe a little racy, but not too explicit. I've already seen content in some romance mods that's more graphic than I'd prefer.

It might be good for a romance mod install to include options for how "steamy" the player would like the content to be.

There's a couple coppers for ya :)

- E

Inspite of that comment, I am writing it anyway. And thank you, I'm having fun writing it.

Good to hear; don't let anyone bully you into anything. :) Heh, I've been told that nobody's going to play BG1NPC back in the days when the world was young.

It might be good for a romance mod install to include options for how "steamy" the player would like the content to be.

Not a bad idea. It's something I do myself, in Gavin. If the player wants steamy, install the flirts. If the player wants "a little more racy than BioWare," don't. But I can tell you here and now that it is a hell of a lot more work. I'm willing to do it, because I like the option a lot, but, knowing how much work is involved in doing it that way, I would never ask another modder to do it that way.

There's another way to go about that, though (there always is). There's actually two more. The first is really, really silly, and I'd recommend no one who ever plans to actually finish their mod attempt it: write two versions, the steamy version and the non-steamy version, and let the player pick which one to install. Not a good idea at all. It's twice as much work as writing a single mod, and folks will still find something to complain about.

The second way is to suggest through careful wording of the dialogue options, which one will lead to a steamier scene. Takes a little more careful writing, but it's viable.

Non-steamy lead in to a sex scene: " Turn out the light, darling. I don't want anyone to see in through the windows."

Steamy lead in: "Leave the candle lit, dearest. I want to see *all* of you.

Archived