EA buys BioWARE/Pandemic

Domi

As I've hinted at in other forums, I am starting to wonder if we'll ever see DA, or if we were ever going to in the first place.
Yes, you are, and yes, you were.

DA is so far along that it's likely this won't affect it at all; I imagine the only thing EA would make them do is release it sooner, but that may not mean anything as all QA will be done in-house now anyway (meaning it will suck as much as it does regardless of when they decide to release it).

Well, Bio is so misty on how far DA is... I mean, it's playable, and was playable for a while... but how far did they think they were from the release? A year? Two?
When they announced it? I don't think it was more than a working concept at that point. I imagine it's targeted for sometime 2008.

Is there an article or an interview that lets in on how far along they are?
Probably. Mass Effect is the primary focus at the moment, so things will probably ramp up in December.
DA is so far along that it's likely this won't affect it at all; I imagine the only thing EA would make them do is release it sooner, but that may not mean anything as all QA will be done in-house now anyway (meaning it will suck as much as it does regardless of when they decide to release it).

EA can make some truly mind-bogglingly weird decisions concerning canning games. I've heard of them shooting games in the head that are 90% plus complete, if they don't think it'll make enough money. I tremble for the fate of Spore.

I don't think DA is a scam :)

They just revealed it far too early.

Considering the great success of the IE, and the not so great success of the Aurora engine, everyone has great expectations from this new game.

I think it was not wise to reveal it so early.

EA can make some truly mind-bogglingly weird decisions concerning canning games. I've heard of them shooting games in the head that are 90% plus complete

EA KOTORed Lord of the Rings: The Third Age...

The very end of the game is Pelennor Fields (they cut out the Black Gate), and at the end of it you fight the Eye of Sauron. The whole game seemed rushed and last-minuted, but that just added insult to injury.

Archived