Double Damage vs. Type Creature

Demivrgvs

In my installation Daystar has only DBLDEAD.EFF (which does magic damage) attached to melee ability and the other 3 .EFF are attached globally. And yes...it actually end up doing triple damage insted of double.

Fixpack. :) When damage bonuses are attached to global effects, a character dual-wielding will get the bonus damage to all weapons. You could stick Daystar in your offhand and get all of those nice damage bonuses to your main weapon. Same exploit is available for THAC0, but moving it to the melee ability would mean it kicks in after you hit your target--which is a big fat bug, instead of just an exploit.

I don't think that the save/resistance field is used in external eff files.

And i'm not aware if doubling damage is possible.

Both fields are used; it's the target type (which you already noted) and the duration/timing mode that are ignored.

BG2 doesn't really have a proper way to do double damage: .eff damage is an independent roll that doesn't multiply on a critical nor on a backstab. It's still about as close as you're going to get.

The second damage effect on daystar ought to be attacking the wielder if the wielder happens to be a dragon; it's too funny to delete :)

That looks like a seriously obsolete NI :)

Archived