How often do you rest in BG2?

Kulyok

Resting in BG2: real time  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does me saying that I went from CI to Spellhold Maze before resting help at all? Admittedly, I did use a few potions of master thievery to help raise the 15,000 gold, but there are a few major battles in there. I think I had about 7 or 8 fatigue penalties piled on my characters by the time I got there (about 3-4 game days).

Does me saying that I went from CI to Spellhold Maze before resting help at all? Admittedly, I did use a few potions of master thievery to help raise the 15,000 gold, but there are a few major battles in there. I think I had about 7 or 8 fatigue penalties piled on my characters by the time I got there (about 3-4 game days).

Most of the time I only rest once between CI and getting Imoen back unless my PC doesn't care about Imoen (which is very rare). Now that the characters rest (or at least recover their spells) on the ship to Brynnlaw I don't rest at all unless I need to kill time to get to night time in order to continue the Ch3 quest line. Only other times I wait it out is playing romance NPC's that need to get far enough in the romance path. Once I get Imoen back I rest once per day.

-Starcrunch

Hm! Interesting. You know, there's absolutely no reason not to do it that way. Definitely something to think about while modding, since it's just as likely that a player might spend more time in chapter 6, doing a bunch of quests, rather than doing them all in chapters 2 and 3.

I usually rest on fatique or getting seriosly hurt without a possibility to heal (I often use healing potions after battle, thanks SCS2 "reintroduced potions' makes them more often). I use spells economly, preferably taking out easy enemies with wands (oh, wands), so I rarely rest to regain spells. I try to rest at inn, and if there is night when I wake up - I rest one more time, because my characters prefer day usually=). Can't say about real time - it varies greatly.

I usually rest whenever I've emptied my supply of important spells (healing or offensive) or as soon as a member of the party becomes fatigued. There's a bit of metagaming involved though, as these days I know whether or not I'll need all those spells on any given part of a quest.

Generally it's about every hour to hour and a half that I rest.

I just wrote this on another message board:

Don't you know what the true heroes say: "Sorry, too busy, I can rest when I am dead."

By the way, I never really anymore rest in the games, I'll usually just find a better way of doing things, and when I do rest, I do it for the experiance gained from the monsters, not so that I would need the spells.

Or when I need to rest for a quest, I use inns.

And I usually cheat myself 4-6 pairs of boots of speed, so I don't need to walk on the slow speed.

I usually rest the party in a similar way to berelinde - so that it makes some sort of sense in a role playing context.

If I arrive at a town during the night, the party gets rested before anything else. After each 'stage' of the games I'll usually waste a day or two just bumming around and resting the party, unless the plot is hurrying along and it feels odd to take a break.

Overall, about once every 90 minutes seems about right, but there's no particular pattern to it.

Archived