BG1 NPC Project Items

Beelzenomen

I have thoroughly enjoyed the BG1 NPC Project. I am also fairly sentimental. I want to bring some of the items from BG1 NPC Project with my character into BGII. I have a vague sense that if I find the items' .itm files that I can simply drop them into the override folder within BGII and if they are on my imported character, I'll have them.

Am I correct in this? I'm specifically wanting to bring over the locket Imoen made, Dynaheir's portrait of my character, and (while not exactly BG1 NPC Project), one of the spare books from Finch, who was kind enough to have two left over after creating the library.

My second question is: Edited: Nevermind. I figured out how to use Shadowkeeper to get the file names for the items and I can find them from that.

I believe that I'll have to create a new item for the locket (based upon another thread I read which indicated that if I try to import the locket it changes all protection amulets in BGII into Gorion's Lockets) and I believe I may be up to learning how to do that (I went and found some tutorials about item creation).

I know that except for the locket these are essentially "useless" items. But still, I think that having them within the next game will enhance it for me (and help me remember Dynaheir. *sniff*).

Thanks so much!

You can just drop them in your Override, and use the CreateItem console command to clua them in. They should be fine. I don't think you will need to re-do Imoen's item. If it has effects on it, just copy everything you have in your BG1NPC/itm folder over, and it should work just fine.

You can just drop them in your Override, and use the CreateItem console command to clua them in. They should be fine. I don't think you will need to re-do Imoen's item. If it has effects on it, just copy everything you have in your BG1NPC/itm folder over, and it should work just fine.

You'll get the item, but the strings for the name and description will either point to the wrong strings or be non-existent.

OK. Some of these use BG2 references, so there should be no problem (they are created on the fly); others of these are not quite so easily done. I think you can use this (but it is untested - if it doesn't work/instyall/whatever, come back and we can clean up my mess make it work).

Apologies to Bons if this is Not Cool, but since it is about lovin' the character and is a non-functioning item, I am pretty sure any modder would consider it a compliment to have a player want to keep this stuff in inventory.

"Sentimental Items into BGII for Beelzenomen"

1. On your desktop, create a folder named "sentimental".
  2. Inside that folder, create a second folder named "backup"
  3. Go to your game install folder, and copy setup-bg1npc.exe onto the desktop.
  4. Rename it setup-sentimental.exe
  5. Copy the following things from within the "bg1npc" folder and paste them into the "sentimental" folder (not into the backup folder, just along side it):

X#IAMUL.itm (from BG1NPC/Phase1/ITM/ )
    X#WINAMU.itm (in BG1NPC/Phase2/ITM/ )

(all these following are in BG1NPC/Phase3/DYROM/ITM/ )

X#DYPORE.BAM
    X#DYPORE.itm
    X#DYPORF.BAM
    X#DYPORF.itm
    X#DYPORO.BAM
    X#DYPORO.itm
    X#DYPORR.BAM
    X#DYPORR.itm

6. Go to your Finch folder, and find finch/items/sufbookB.itm; copy that item over into the folder "sentimental".
  7. Again in your Finch folder, find finch/graphics/SUFBOOKB.BAM; copy that over to "sentimental".
  8. Open Notepad or Wordpad or another editor (*NOT* MS WORD) and copy the code below into the blank page.
  9. Save the newly formed file as "sentimental.tp2", in the folder "sentimental"
  10. Move the .tp2, .exe, and folder to your BGII game directory
  11. install/uninstall as usual.

When you are in game, you can then CLUAConsole any of the following items into place:

/* Lord foreshadow's Ring of Human Influence CLUAConsole:CreateItem("X#RINGRO") */

/* Imoen's Pendant to <CHARNAME> CLUAConsole:CreateItem("X#IAMUL") */

/* Dynaheir's Journal page CLUAConsole:CreateItem("X#DYJOR1") */

/* Dynaheir's Journal CLUAConsole:CreateItem("X#DYJOR2") */

/* Winksi's Protection Amulet CLUAConsole:CreateItem("X#WINAMU") */

/* Dynaheir's Four Possible Portraits X#DYPORE X#DYPORF X#DYPORO X#DYPORR */

/* Finch's Joy of Pudding CLUAConsole:CreateItem("sufbookB") */

If an item shows up with odd graphics, there are some quick code fixes, but this should get you started. Sorry - no time to test it, but let me know if something doesn't work :)

Code to copy/paste into the editor for the .tp2:

/*
* Sentimental Items into BGII for Beelzenomen
* October 18, 2007 
*/

/* Backup folder */
BACKUP ~sentimental/backup~

/* Author */
AUTHOR ~The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45~

BEGIN ~Sentimental Items into BGII for Beelzenomen~

/* items */
 /* Ring of Human Influence X#RINGRO */
 COPY_EXISTING ~RING30.itm~ ~override/X#RINGRO.itm~
SAY NAME1 ~Ring~
SAY NAME2 ~Lord Foreshadow's Ring of Human Influence~
SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~A ring is a small band of precious metal that is used as jewelry.  Some rare rings have had enchantments placed upon them that confer various magical abilities.  These rings are highly sought after, especially by those of the adventuring profession.~
SAY DESC ~Lord Foreshadow's Ring of Human Influence
Lord Foreshadow gave this ring to <CHARNAME> alluding that it might help <PRO_HIMHER> to win hearts in the future. Obviously there is more to worry about just now, but it's as they say: don't look a gift horse... and as others also say: you never know when you might need one... not to mention  the old proverb that goes something like: all's fair in love and war...

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:  Raises wielder's charisma to 18
Special Abilities: Charm person once per day~
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

/* Imoen's Pendant to <CHARNAME> X#IAMUL */
 COPY ~sentimental/X#IAMUL.itm~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 ~Gorion's Amulet~
SAY NAME2 ~Gorion's Amulet~
SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Imoen gave this amulet to <CHARNAME> as a birthday present. The centerpiece is a golden pendant, or pin, which Imoen assures you belonged to Gorion, your father. He must have hidden it well, as you've never seen it before. The rest of it is made of bits of colorful and smooth pebbles, petty gemstones, metallic trinkets and other odds and ends, all held together by a thin, but strong, cord of silk.

The largest piece of Gorion's pin, on the back and written in Imoen's distinctive script, is this inscription:
  Happy birthday <CHARNAME>!	   with love,	   Imoen

Surely Imoen will never make a master jewelry smith, but the necklace is very cleverly pieced together and it obviously took a great deal of time and care to make. Regardless, it is a very sweet gift.~

SAY DESC ~Imoen gave this amulet to <CHARNAME> as a birthday present. The centerpiece is a golden pendant, or pin, which Imoen assures you belonged to Gorion, your father. He must have hidden it well, as you've never seen it before. The rest of it is made of bits of colorful and smooth pebbles, petty gemstones, metallic trinkets and other odds and ends, all held together by a thin, but strong, cord of silk.

The largest piece of Gorion's pin, on the back and written in Imoen's distinctive script, is this inscription:
  Happy birthday <CHARNAME>!	   with love,	   Imoen

Surely Imoen will never make a master jewelry smith, but the necklace is very cleverly pieced together and it obviously took a great deal of time and care to make. Regardless, it is a very sweet gift.~

/* Dynaheir's Journal page X#DYJOR1 */
 COPY_EXISTING ~SCRL2J.itm~ ~override/X#DYJOR1.itm~ //page
SAY NAME1 ~Torn Parchament~
SAY NAME2 ~Torn Parchament~
SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~[Torn Parchament Page]Page

This piece of parchament is torn along one edge, as if ripped from a larger book. The surface is covered in fine, spidery writing which seems to change shape even as you look.

There is no discernable pattern, rhyme, or reason to the symbols, although they do not appear to be magical.

This looks to be important.  You should probably keep it on your person. ~
SAY DESC ~[Torn Parchament Page]Page

This piece of parchament is torn along one edge, as if ripped from a larger book. The surface is covered in fine, spidery writing which seems to change shape even as you look.

There is no discernable pattern, rhyme, or reason to the symbols, although they do not appear to be magical.

This looks to be important.  You should probably keep it on your person. ~

/* Dynaheir's Journal X#DYJOR2 */
 COPY_EXISTING ~BOOK40.itm~ ~override/X#DYJOR2.itm~ //journal
SAY NAME1 ~Dynaheir's Journal~
SAY NAME2 ~Dynaheir's Journal~
SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~[Dynaheir's Journal]Hathran Coded Text

This heavy tome is filled with Dynaheir's fine, spidery writing. If you glance over her shoulder, the characters seem to change shape even as you look.

There is no discernable pattern, rhyme, or reason to the symbols, although they do not appear to be magical. Thayvian agents would pay dearly to know the contents...~

SAY DESC ~[Dynaheir's Journal]Hathran Coded Text

This heavy tome is filled with Dynaheir's fine, spidery writing. If you glance over her shoulder, the characters seem to change shape even as you look.

There is no discernable pattern, rhyme, or reason to the symbols, although they do not appear to be magical. Thayvian agents would pay dearly to know the contents...~

/* Winksi's Protection Amulet X#WINAMU */
 COPY ~sentimental/X#WINAMU.itm~ ~override/X#WINAMU.itm~
SAY NAME1 ~Rashemaar Amulet~
SAY NAME2 ~Rashemaar Amulet~
SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Winski Perorate's Amulet 

Winski Perorate's work with the nether regions of the underworld often placed him in close proximity to beings who would prefer Winski to be wearing his skin inside out. To make that posssibility less likely, Winski commissioned a nabassu to build an amulet that would ward off evil creatures long enough to gain control of them. Unfortunately, Winski had a momentary lapse in memory due to great injury, and forgot to activate his amulet. This allowed his summoned Tanar'ri access to its summoner, with predictable results. 

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities: Protection from Evil 10' radius, once per day

Not Usable By:
Wizard Slayer~
SAY DESC ~Winski Perorate's Amulet 

Winski Perorate's work with the nether regions of the underworld often placed him in close proximity to beings who would prefer Winski to be wearing his skin inside out. To make that posssibility less likely, Winski commissioned a nabassu to build an amulet that would ward off evil creatures long enough to gain control of them. Unfortunately, Winski had a momentary lapse in memory due to great injury, and forgot to activate his amulet. This allowed his summoned Tanar'ri access to its summoner, with predictable results. 

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities: Protection from Evil 10' radius, once per day

Not Usable By:
Wizard Slayer~

/* Four Possible Portraits X#DYPORE X#DYPORF X#DYPORO X#DYPORR */
COPY ~sentimental/X#DYPORE.BAM~ ~override/X#DYPORE.BAM~
COPY ~sentimental/X#DYPORE.itm~ ~override/X#DYPORE.itm~
 SAY NAME1 ~<CHARNAME>'s Portrait~
 SAY NAME2 ~<CHARNAME>'s Portrait~
 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~This is a page from Dynaheir's journal with <CHARNAME>'s likeness sketched on it with sanguine and inks. While lacking in artistic quality, every line of your face is drawn with care and love.~
 SAY DESC ~This is a page from Dynaheir's journal with <CHARNAME>'s likeness sketched on it with sanguine and inks. While lacking in artistic quality, every line of your face is drawn with care and love.~

COPY ~sentimental/X#DYPORF.BAM~ ~override/X#DYPORF.BAM~
COPY ~sentimental/X#DYPORF.itm~ ~override/X#DYPORF.itm~
 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~This is a page from Dynaheir's journal with <CHARNAME>'s likeness sketched on it with sanguine and inks. While lacking in artistic quality, every line of your face is drawn with care and love.~
 SAY DESC ~This is a page from Dynaheir's journal with <CHARNAME>'s likeness sketched on it with sanguine and inks. While lacking in artistic quality, every line of your face is drawn with care and love.~

COPY ~sentimental/X#DYPORO.BAM~ ~override/X#DYPORO.BAM~
COPY ~sentimental/X#DYPORO.itm~ ~override/X#DYPORO.itm~

COPY ~sentimental/X#DYPORR.BAM~ ~override/X#DYPORR.BAM~
COPY ~sentimental/X#DYPORR.itm~ ~override/X#DYPORR.itm~

/* Finch's Joy of Pudding sufbookB */
COPY ~sentimental/sufbookB.bam~ ~override/SUFBOOKB.bam~
COPY ~sentimental/sufbookB.itm~ ~override/sufbookB.itm~
 SAY NAME1 ~The Joy of Pudding~
 SAY NAME2 ~The Joy of Pudding~
 SAY DESC ~The Joy of Pudding

This well-thumbed volume is a cookbook comprising of various sweet and savory recipes such as:

Turnip Whip

Scald and stir in a saucepan (may substitute bucket if saucepans not in season) over low heat (may substitute Burning Hands if heat not in season):

2 cups wyvern's milk (cow's milk may be substituted if the local wyverns are cranky)
 1/4 cup sugar
 1/2 cup mashed turnips

Pour part of these ingredients over:

1 beaten wyvern's egg yolk (if local wyverns still cranky, may substitute 4 yolks of the chicken variety)

Return the sauce to the pan. Stir custard constantly over low heat until it thickens slightly or angry wyverns show up for supper. (Do not offer them a portion.) Strain custard if desired. (Picky, picky.) Cool by placing pan in cool water. (If water not in season, the author humbly suggests that the cook has bigger problems than making the perfect pudding and should stop mucking around with turnips and wyverns.) In a separate bowl, whip until stiff:

3/4 cup whipping cream

Add:

1 teaspoon vanilla

Fold the cold turnip custard into the whipped cream mixture. Chill thoroughly before serving. Serves 6.~

/* End of File. Enjoy! */

EDIT: Well, that was stupid of me - just download this .tp2, and ignore the step #8 stuff about copying and pasting the code. sentimental.rar

During the setup, I got this...

[WIDESCREEN\WIDESCREEN.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 15 column 36-40

Near Text: BEGIN

syntax error

[WIDESCREEN\WIDESCREEN.TP2] ERROR at line 15 column 36-40

Near Text: BEGIN

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [WIDESCREEN\WIDESCREEN.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

Not sure what's up with that or if I broke my game somehow - my little brother's using my ToB CD so I can't check.

Strange - oh, wait. Double check that you have followed the bigg's instructions on the Widescreen Mod very carefully - if I recall, it ships with a special customized version of WeiDU that is not intended for use as a general setup-mymod.exe. Perhaps the versions got intermixed on your install.

Definitely flag down the bigg on that one; he will want to know :)

No, it seems it's my fault for being an idiot.

- The mod requires a beta version of WeiDU (attached). Please install as first mod and do not use it in a stack operation.

I installed it last instead of first. Whoops. Ah, well.

The good news is that everything -seems- to be working fine with my install, so hopefully I haven't broken it too badly.

Archived