Thieves quest problem

coaster

Hi David

I'm getting a problem where if I return the skyship components to Alatos in the thieves' den, the whole den turns hostile (IIRC only the Halruaan mage Resar should turn hostile). This happens whether I kill the three sisters guarding the components or not. Any chance this could be due to SCS?

cheers

coaster

Hi David

I'm getting a problem where if I return the skyship components to Alatos in the thieves' den, the whole den turns hostile (IIRC only the Halruaan mage Resar should turn hostile). This happens whether I kill the three sisters guarding the components or not. Any chance this could be due to SCS?

cheers

coaster

Pretty plausible... sounds like an overexcitable SHOUT script. I'll have a look.

The whole den turning hostile was like that in the vanilla game, IIRC. The only way to prevent it was to have Narlen intervene before Resar could attack.

Yes, very true. The only way would be doing Narlen quests(see Dan Simpson walkthrough at the Sorcerer's Place) beforehand, so he could intervene on your behalf.

Whoops, apologies. I never noticed this before as I usually do Narlen's quests, I didn't this time as I have no thief in the party.

That said, it seems a bit weird having Alatos have a "so you killed the Halruaan" speech if the only outcomes are a/ Narlen (not "you") kills the Halruaan or b/ everyone attacks you.

Archived