Starting a new game

Starcrunch

No, I have no puritanic objections to Sillara's mods.

Basically, imo the pros of all Sillara's mods are their completeness. They all come with SoA and ToB, have the quest for the character and the standard amount of banter-interjections-flirt etc.

Now, one other feature that is common to all Sillara's mods is her style. And depending on a person's taste it can be either plus or minus.

What's common to all three Sillara's NPCs is the fact that they are all outsiders. Tsujatha is from a custom world, Yasraena is a drow and Saerileth is from another Plane.

What is also common to Sillara's NPCs is that beside being outsiders each of them pack quite a few additional unique characteristics into their background.

In other words, not only Yasraena is a good drow on the Surface - a unique thing as is, she is also a girl-fighter drow, not only that, but she was also a girl dressed as a boy in the all-male academy; not only those 3 uniquenesses each of which is already setting a character apart, but she is also in love with an elven spy in that all-male academy....

The same things happen to both Tusjatha and Saerileth, with both mods being conistent with the over-the-top amount of the 'so special' features each NPC gets.

Plenty of people like it, as for me, I just could never really take these backgrounds seriously.

I agree with Domi on this. Sillara's mods are good.

Better than good, I'd say :) As for Drow fleeing their homes for a life on the surface, there's plenty of precedent, and therefore possible inspiration for others (who are familiar with the ones who fled) to do the same. My highest, best, and favorite D&D character took inspiration from Drizzt Do'Urden, and left the same city for a life on Faerun's surface. Not sure if he'd be "special" enough to rate his own NPC mod, though...I have a representation of him in BGII as the closest approximation I can get, so he's a Cavalier. But, I digress :) I've greatly enjoyed Yasraena and Saerileth in my test games, so much so that it's difficult to choose party members to drop for the NPCs I like most.

Happy gaming,

Eric

Heh, I've tried Tsujatha and was severely disappointed :) But if you like playing very naive characters and don't object to the abundance of sweetness, you may like it. Personally, I couldn't bring myself to choose the "right" option after Bodhi, so he died in my game, and the only thing I was sorry about were the heaps of hi-lvl scrolls I gave him to copy to his spellbook :)

Also - I really, really recommend Longer Road. Beautiful writing, interesting plot. Definitely worth trying. The only thing missing are the interactions with modded NPCs, but you can't have anything.

I'll second the recommendations for Kivan, Auren and Xan, all very good, well written mods :)

I'd recommend Nathaniel as well, a very sweet, believable character, who has an interesting story which doesn't overshadow the PC's story. My only complaint is the mod turns Viconia into a bit of a homophobe, which never really fited my perception of her.

i dunno Auren Aseph really irritate dme personally, and Viconia being a homophobe kidna fits the drow mentality.

i'm just about to start a play through with Fade and amber with a female PC and also starting one with a male one once i've finished the this more or less unmodified version of thrown of bhaal

so should be interesting

Archived